Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t?
Quote | Reply
Hi all

looking at different wheelsets for the TT bike. Want a fast set of wheels, probably a disc in the rear and pretty deep in the front, proven in the wind tunnel to be decently fast and tubeless ready. Also on a budget! haha.

given my wants then, it seems like the aerocoach wheels are obvious choice, i can get a full disc and front wheel combo for less than £1500 and they claim that they are super fast wheels

What is the catch then!?

please can people who have used these wheels or know about other options let me know? i want the wheels to last for atleast a couple of seasons and just work reliably. I love the look of the aerocoach ones but have heard things in the past about the brand and them not being the best quality.

Let me know
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [LordFarquuad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know much about them, but will point out that that Jumbo-Visma and Wout Van Aert apparently trusted the front wheel. I read somewhere that the front there is the AEOX TITAN.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes they are legit, very popular here on the uk tt scene, along with a lot of their other products.
Xav Disley is always more than happy to share his findings in testing other equipment , and answer any questions you may have.
(He’ll probably be along shortly as he’s a ST member).
Regarding the wheels, the first discs had a few problems with separation, which didn’t seem to have any performance problems, but everyone I know that did have that issue, were all looked after by Aerocoach.
Might also be worth seeing if you may have clearance issues, as I think the discs are fairly wide.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philg wrote:
Yes they are legit, very popular here on the uk tt scene, along with a lot of their other products.
Xav Disley is always more than happy to share his findings in testing other equipment , and answer any questions you may have.
(He’ll probably be along shortly as he’s a ST member).
Regarding the wheels, the first discs had a few problems with separation, which didn’t seem to have any performance problems, but everyone I know that did have that issue, were all looked after by Aerocoach.
Might also be worth seeing if you may have clearance issues, as I think the discs are fairly wide.

I think Xav has indicated they can modify the disc configuration for bikes with clearance limitations. Maybe I’m misremembering?
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the rear is Aeox, too. Just with a shimano sticker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes have seen a few world tour riders use them despite sponsors from other wheels.

Must be pretty quick then clearly. but just want to make sure with some peoples personal use of them. Are the Discs structural or just a fairing too does anyone know?

Does seem like a very good product at a great price as long as they dont fall apart after a couple of rides!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disc is fairing like the Jet
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Looks like the rear is Aeox, too. Just with a shimano sticker

I had heard rear is Roval. But don't know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them, very good wheels stiff. Handles good in windy conditions.
Price is also very acceptable.

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have any specific Qs about particular models just let me know. Previous versions of our discs were made with heavier plastic covers but the current AEOX and Ultra discs are made with carbon covers on carbon rims - doing the sidewall like we do means that you can make the shape how you want it much more easily, so that helps. We can customise stuff a bit easier too for pro riders, different chainstay clearance builds, that kind of thing. We can keep the price down because a lot of the manufacture is done in house, and all the R&D, aero testing etc is done by us as well.

We can’t discuss the pro stuff unfortunately but there is currently more than one world tour team using our wheels, and it’s looking like more will be added soonish. Some others have done their independent testing on our stuff (a lot of teams do this) but haven’t been allowed to by their sponsors, which to be honest is fair enough. The larger teams get to be a bit more flexible with their equipment choices as they have stronger contracts to let them use off brand products. But they do have to prove the value in doing so to the original sponsor so there’s a lot of behind the scenes work that the teams have to do to achieve that.

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Xav- What hub is used for your disc wheel currently?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think depends on the lightweight version or standard.

I have the light one and uses 6 bolt whereas all others from them use CL.

This was for the AEOX wheels, I know they changed slightly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Aox disc (2023 model year). It is a spoked wheel with a cover just like the HED Jet discs and the quality is very good. I think it is a great balance between price and performance.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:

Hi - AEOX Orbit (disc brake), standard Orbit (rim brake) both use in house AEOX hubs, they're custom to allow for space for bonding. The Orbit Ultra uses an Extralite hub, which as the poster above mentions is a 6 bolt rotor rather than the Orbit which is Centrelock.

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xavier wrote:
ericlambi wrote:

Hi - AEOX Orbit (disc brake), standard Orbit (rim brake) both use in house AEOX hubs, they're custom to allow for space for bonding. The Orbit Ultra uses an Extralite hub, which as the poster above mentions is a 6 bolt rotor rather than the Orbit which is Centrelock.

Thank you!

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I owned a Zephyr wheelset with an Aeox disc. For triathlon racing and every day training the wheels weren't a great fit and I ended up selling them. I wish they were a little wider and designed for 28c tires. I also had issues with my derailleur rubbing the disc in the 33t cog. My biggest gripe was the metal thru-bolt used to secure the valve stem cover in place. It was very heavy, difficult to thread closed, and machined with loose tolerances resulting in my hex keys not fitting very well. I eventually got their 3D printed snap-on valve covers, which IMO they should just include with the wheels. No doubt they are fast, but I was willing to give up a few watts for a wheelset a bit wider along with a structural disc. I like their products and have an Ascalon front end on my TT bike, but the wheels just didn't work out.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
Disc is fairing like the Jet

Not throwing shade your way but I do think people have a tendency to look down on fairing-based discs. With my engineering hat on, I actually think such a decision by Aerocoach, Hed, etc is actually a superior design decision. A solid disc design makes the tyre have to deal with a lot of vibration.and pull double duty to both deal with suspension and provide the best rolling resistance. You can have too much stiffness and rigidity. When a spoked wheel is used though, I do believe it lets the spokes handle part of the work as a damper which may be useful - depending on your typical road surface. The tyres can then be set up to deal with their primary needs.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is the difference between orbit rear disc wheel and non-orbit disc wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The orbit has aerodynamic squiggly things, which may or may not be the correct technical term.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerocoach wheels are they legit or Sh!t? [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guessing its supposed to be faster? couldn't find anything that said definitively.
Quote Reply