Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero tops for long torso?
Quote | Reply
Hi all:
I was wondering if anyone has found any short or long sleeved aero tri tops that run long in the torso? I live far away from any tri shops, so I have to order things on line. I spent a lot of money on a Castelli large Stealth top, only to have it ride up above my belly button and into my rib cage.
I've been eyeballing the Wattie Ink collection, trying to figure out if they might be long enough, but the sizing pages for these clothing lines never seem to outline how long the clothing is.
I am 5'10" with broad shoulders. Apparently, I have a freakishly long torso.

thanks!
IMM
Quote Reply
Re: Aero tops for long torso? [imsquared] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 6'6, 175lbs and a long time member of the long torso club. After years of searching, I've settled that a 2 piece kit will just result in showing some stomach on the run. Is what it is. For a long torso looking to stay covered with an aero fit, probably will need to opt for a 1 piece. I'm using the sleeved LG Course M2 right now and it's been great, the suit operates like a pair of bib shorts with the top being more like a sleeved vest that's just sewn in. Tough to explain, comfy though.

Regards,
J. Smith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Virklon in Spain have a retention clip system between the shorts and the top which prevents the top from riding up, but you are still wearing a 2-piece. Might be worth a look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may not have a freakishly long torso, but I'm freakishly skinny for my height and wear S/XS at 6"2 in height. So my belly button is public domain with some kits. Kinda just have to accept it - I wear one-piece suits 90% of the time.

Champion Systems make some pieces in Long cuts, which is nice. Castelli's Free Speed jersey has a "puzzle" bit that interfaces with the Free Tri shorts to create a "semi-one-piece", which I also like to keep my back covered in the aero position.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Wattie tri tops both sleeves and non sleeved will suit you right. They are definitely longer than most brands i have used

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
Quote Reply