Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aero position: Head Down Regular Helmet, or head Up Aero Helmet [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might make for some interesting thrill rides. ;^)

But, actually, I'd like to be able to peek ahead when I drop my head for a couple of seconds to rest my neck. Just to prevent surprises. I don't think I could actually navigate very well that way. I have also wondered about a couple of prisms on my glasses to that I could raise my head a little less and still see down the road. I have serious kyphosis (well...not serious, but significant) so raising my head from aero puts it in a big kink.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero position: Head Down Regular Helmet, or head Up Aero Helmet [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever you do, try it on an empty road first :)

I think a carbon fibre periscope is just the ticket, think how much you could sell that to triathletes for. I'm filing my patent right away...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Aero position: Head Down Regular Helmet, or head Up Aero Helmet [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'll sell out in seconds.

OH! Goody! carbon fiber. Me want carbon fiber. Ugh! 'specially like zefal carbon frame pump weigh more than alumbumum pump.

Quote Reply
Re: Aero position: Head Down Regular Helmet, or head Up Aero Helmet [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sure do!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Aero position: Head Down Regular Helmet, or head Up Aero Helmet [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my point of view, they aren't keeping their head down to become more aero but to relax the neck and back muscles.

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Aero position: Head Down Regular Helmet, or head Up Aero Helmet [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

But, actually, I'd like to be able to peek ahead when I drop my head for a couple of seconds to rest my neck. Just to prevent surprises. I don't think I could actually navigate very well that way. I have also wondered about a couple of prisms on my glasses to that I could raise my head a little less and still see down the road. I have serious kyphosis (well...not serious, but significant) so raising my head from aero puts it in a big kink.
Back in the low tech 90's, when triathletes wore speedos, there was a device known as the WINDCHEETA forward viewing system. It consisted of a pair of mirrors that allowed the cyclist keep his head down while still being able to see the road ahead. They said that it was wind tunnel tested and shown to reduce drag. I never tried it, and I don't know if it is still available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Back in the old days, when there were no tri suits and triathletes wore speedos, there was a device that addressed this issue. I have a Triathlete magazine from 1996, and in there is an ad for the WINDCHEETA forward viewing system. It was a relatively simple device consisting of two mirrors which allowed the cyclist to keep the head down and still be able to see the road ahead. Their ad stated that it was wind tunnel tested to reduce drag. There was no website listed, and I don't think that it is stll available.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero position: Head Down Regular Helmet, or head Up Aero Helmet [Dreadnought] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ten years ago....Triathlete n153 JAN 97

"WINDCHEETA: forward viewing system.
Wind tunnel tested...RAAM Proven.
-Provides a view while head down for greater safety and comfort.
-No more blind riding.
-Reduces neck pain and fatigue.
-Over 1.01 lbs. of drag reduction.
-Maintain aero efficient posture.
$ 39.95
See your dealer or call 1-800-816-5614"

(I don't have a scanner to post the ad)
Last edited by: Trisur: May 1, 07 19:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

OH! Goody! carbon fiber. Me want carbon fiber. Ugh! 'specially like zefal carbon frame pump weigh more than alumbumum pump.
Better ensure it's titanium , make it a quality product :)

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Re: Aero position: Head Down Regular Helmet, or head Up Aero Helmet [Dreadnought] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now I just need a time machine???

Quote Reply
Re: Aero position: Head Down Regular Helmet, or head Up Aero Helmet [canuck8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Better ensure it's titanium , make it a quality product :)
Yes, but it's all in the cache'

Quote Reply

Prev Next