Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero bar extensions for Scott Plasma
Quote | Reply
I have long arms which, combined with my short torso and long legs, make me look comical. That's something I guess I will have to live with. What I won't live with is the fact that my hands get past the point of the front end of my current aero bar extensions. I want to buy new ones but

a) I don't know much about the subject, and

b) I apparently don't have the necessary internet skills required to find out if there are any compatibility issues with the cockpit of my plasma and bar extensions from different brands.

From elbow to the tip of my middle finger there is 50cm (and 30cm to the wrist). I`d love upturning extensions but flat ones aren't a deal breaker. The main thing is length and that I don't need to change my SRAM gear cables or the Plasma cockpit.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bar extensions for Scott Plasma [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zipp has some long extensions at least for me they required a lot of cutting. these are 38cm length. https://zipp.com/...a-carbon-extensions/

you will need to re cable if you are running mechanical.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Profile and tri rig make about the longest extensions that I know of.

most extensions are a 22.2. If you have something proprietary that could be different.

If you put up a pic someone will be able to tell you what the diameter of your extensions are

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Enve extensions-the longest ones I could find. Longer than the Zipp carbons
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bar extensions for Scott Plasma [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those look like profile design T5 extensions. I was able to find that they are 380mm in length, same as the Zipps. Tri Rig has 400mm of length so you could gain another 2cm with those extensions. I would want to have a little bit more of the extension extending back at the clamp. You have none.

https://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=gamma

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bar extensions for Scott Plasma [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Precisely. Measured mine and they are 30cm. Should be enough with 38, but thanks for the link to profile design too. Do you have Alu or carbon? Any difference besides weight?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The zipp carbon have better internal routing for the cable. Like a built in little slot so you don’t have to use bar tape to cover it. I’m selling a new pair of Zipp Vuka evo 70 carbon Uncut, so full length If you are interested.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: May 11, 19 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bar extensions for Scott Plasma [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on where you are located? Last shipment I got from the States ended up in custom and cost me 40USD extra -.-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I’m in the US. Probably easier and cheaper to just get them local.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m also riding a Plasma and found the stock extensions way too small. I tried several different options, including Zipp Vuka Evo 70 and 110 (ended up selling both). I’ve been on some carbon RedShift ski bends that I like, but just ordered some Profile Design 50a, which are 400 mm (my RedShifts are 380). The 50a extensions haven’t gotten here yet but once I decide which I like better the other pair will be up on the classifieds if you’re interested (shipping from the US though).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The zipp 110s work in the plasma 5 bar. That’s what I use.
You’ll have to check their specs for your length.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The plasma is pretty compatible with a number if bars. The tririg bars are incredibly long, I used to have them. I currently use the zipp bars and they are pretty long as well.

https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=1d84sbujwgede

Team Zoot 2023
Last edited by: aerobean: May 11, 19 17:27
Quote Reply