Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero Wheel Choice
Quote | Reply
I need some help! Looking to upgrade my wheelset for my Giant TCR1 Aero. Currently running Maviv Ksyriums, looking to go with HED-3 rear and a HED Jet 2000 front. Wondering if there is a better choice or any opinions on this choice. I live in Southern California where the terrain is somewhat rolling. I am 170 Lbs.....Thank You in advance!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Wheel Choice [littleroundbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing wrong with that choice, in fact it's very good. You could also consider a Hed Deep for the rear. I like the Deep because the wheel can be trued if it becomes necessary. The fastest combo would be a disc rear and tri-spoke front. The most cost effective version of this would be a new Renn disc with a used Specialized tri-spoke off ebay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cerveloguy's recommendation is solid. You'd like those wheels. I love Zipps and Heds both. Hard to go wrong with either. Hed offers some more insightful designs (Hed 3, that new disc, the Kona Coast FWIW) sothere s greater chioice there, but its tough to beat those Zipp hubs.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may also want to check out a Corima 4 spoke rear with a 12 or 18 spoke front. Very light and smooth, good for climbing and the flats. They may be a little harder to get in the US than here in Canada, seem to be about the same here.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Wheel Choice [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read something on Hed's site that Dan Empfield wrote about and they conclude disc with a Deep rim in the front because of the wide rim area.
Quote Reply