Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
AeroCoach Angled Spacers
Quote | Reply
As anyone tried these? What bars did you use? What angle did you find most comfortable? Since they only tilt the pads, do you have do use certain extensions? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: AeroCoach Angled Spacers [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a set of the 10 degree spacers for use on a Cervelo P5 disc with 51 Speedshop Ultimate extensions and pads, I am hoping they just lock me in me a bit more, I just wanted a slight tilt so I didn't opt for anything more than 10 degrees.

I don't have them yet though so I can't really add much value to you post :) Looking forward to hear what others thoughts are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use 20 degree wedges and get very tall ski bends like USE Tula, or backward ski bends. Alloy only.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think most people use ski bend extensions but turned around so the short part of the bar is under the arm pads.

Sometimes there's a diameter issue when the ski bends are reversed. Sometimes there's a cabling issue, so I hear.

I'll be watching this thread as I'm pretty sure that I'm going to try a more hands up position this year.

Have you ordered your spacers, yet? I'm wondering how long their owl mail takes.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I just installed mine 10 minutes ago. They came in yesterday after ordering on December 31st, so over 3 weeks to get here. Oh well.

They're really basic. Definitely cheap looking/feeling. Pretty basic 3d printing, so don't expect anything crazy when they come. The fancy (and expensive) version of these is definitely the Revolver arm rest wedges. Those ones enable you to have all your bolts going in to stuff at the correct angles which is pretty nice. The aerocoach ones work well enough. I was surprised at how little tilt I wanted for my scoops + 115 degree rise extensions. I ordered the 10, 15, 20 degree kit and ended up using the 10s, which might even be a tad too much, time will tell on that one.

Here are a few pictures of the 10 degree ones installed on my alpha one. They do slip around a tiny bit, but I think a bit of carbon paste between the wedge and the mounting plate will solve that. Any other questions or pictures, just ask.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: AeroCoach Angled Spacers [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No way I'd use a 3d printed part for something structural like an aerobar wedge. Not sure of the bolt spacing, but I ordered a set of the zipp vuka wedges yesterday, they're like the revolver ones but like 1/5 the price
Quote Reply
Re: AeroCoach Angled Spacers [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Link?

And maybe I'm too trusting, but I highly doubt aerocoach is sending out something that hasn't been thoroughly vetted. They'd be in for a load of trouble if these were prone to failure. 3d printed stuff has been used for things under much more load than this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We’ve changed the shape/width of the high angle ones recently - just to mean you don’t have to really ram the bolts down too hard on some aerobar setups. The plastic is printed in horizontal layers so works fine in compression, we could sinter them if we wanted but don’t see the need really.

To the OP - if you want to email the website and send some pictures across we can help advise what’s best, or I can help on here too if you put a picture up of what you’re looking to achieve?

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.modernbike.com/...ee-wedges-with-bolts

What I bought was on amazon, but this pic is better. Nice thing about amazon is it's an easy return if they don't fit well. As far as i know, 3d printing plastic is only used for prototyping in industry. It's possible they're safe, I wouldn't ride them though. There was a 3d printing project in the lab I worked at, and it's really not very strong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Well I just installed mine 10 minutes ago. They came in yesterday after ordering on December 31st, so over 3 weeks to get here. Oh well.

They're really basic. Definitely cheap looking/feeling. Pretty basic 3d printing, so don't expect anything crazy when they come. The fancy (and expensive) version of these is definitely the Revolver arm rest wedges. Those ones enable you to have all your bolts going in to stuff at the correct angles which is pretty nice. The aerocoach ones work well enough. I was surprised at how little tilt I wanted for my scoops + 115 degree rise extensions. I ordered the 10, 15, 20 degree kit and ended up using the 10s, which might even be a tad too much, time will tell on that one.

Here are a few pictures of the 10 degree ones installed on my alpha one. They do slip around a tiny bit, but I think a bit of carbon paste between the wedge and the mounting plate will solve that. Any other questions or pictures, just ask.

Those look great! I run the Tririg Alpha X with Gamma One extension at a similar tilt angle. I love the Gamma one shape but feel i need a little more angle to the pads and have been looking at the scoops. Might have to order the scoops and the wedges now :)

Did you need some longer arm cup bolts for the spacers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
https://www.modernbike.com/zipp-vuka-aero-c1-armrest-angle-wedge-kit-5-and-10-degree-wedges-with-bolts

What I bought was on amazon, but this pic is better. Nice thing about amazon is it's an easy return if they don't fit well. As far as i know, 3d printing plastic is only used for prototyping in industry. It's possible they're safe, I wouldn't ride them though. There was a 3d printing project in the lab I worked at, and it's really not very strong

Nope. Its entirely dependant upon the exact process and material used. There are quite a few "plastic" based, additive manufacturing, production processes. Even in aerospace, we are now using "3d printing" of plastics and other materials for some parts. Of course, its a matter of chosing the right material and process for the job. But, "plastic 3d printing" is NOT limited to "rapid prototyping" anymore.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Jan 24, 20 9:22
Quote Reply
Re: AeroCoach Angled Spacers [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CyclingClyde wrote:
Those look great! I run the Tririg Alpha X with Gamma One extension at a similar tilt angle. I love the Gamma one shape but feel i need a little more angle to the pads and have been looking at the scoops. Might have to order the scoops and the wedges now :)

Did you need some longer arm cup bolts for the spacers?
I had a few different sized bolts lying around but actually I kept the same lengths because I had a longer bolt in the front already. The scoops are the bomb for sure. And I'm not sure there is a whole lot of value using these spacers over a washer or something. I do think the Zipp spacers that a previous poster linked would be a better option assuming you don't need 20 degrees of tilt, which most don't.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them and have paired them with USE extensions on my Premier Tactical - work well at angling the pads.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
No way I'd use a 3d printed part for something structural like an aerobar wedge. Not sure of the bolt spacing, but I ordered a set of the zipp vuka wedges yesterday, they're like the revolver ones but like 1/5 the price

They’re not structural.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the load path is really through the bolts though, so as long as they have enough thread and are in there correctly, it shouldn't be a problem

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious why you went we these and not to TriRig tilt kit. They tilt both the arms and extensions, isn't that better?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tomk407 wrote:
Just curious why you went we these and not to TriRig tilt kit. They tilt both the arms and extensions, isn't that better?
I have an alpha one on my Omni, so I already have up to 17.5 degrees of tilt built into the bar, of which I'm using all of. The tilt kit is for the Alpha X which doesn't have tilt without it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them.. Felt Devox bars with 30 deg Use Tula extensions fitted in reverse. Work well.

Advice from me... don't be a berk and fit them with oval/countersunk bolt heads. Easy to split the little angled washers. Use bolts with truss/pan/button heads.

Cheers, Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: AeroCoach Angled Spacers [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
I have them.. Felt Devox bars with 30 deg Use Tula extensions fitted in reverse. Work well.

Advice from me... don't be a berk and fit them with oval/countersunk bolt heads. Easy to split the little angled washers. Use bolts with truss/pan/button heads.

Cheers, Rich.

It does say not to in the instructions, but if you need replacements just give me a shout and we can sort you out.

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Re: AeroCoach Angled Spacers [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should have mentioned Xav;

a) it did indeed say not to on the instructions (and is also pretty obvious)

b) your man Richard very kindly sent me a new set of washers!
Quote Reply
Re: AeroCoach Angled Spacers [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Should have mentioned Xav;

a) it did indeed say not to on the instructions (and is also pretty obvious)

b) your man Richard very kindly sent me a new set of washers!

Ah jolly good :) Rich is on holiday at the moment so couldn’t check with him, I had hoped he would have!

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Re: AeroCoach Angled Spacers [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I use 20 degree wedges and get very tall ski bends like USE Tula, or backward ski bends. Alloy only.

E

Exactly what I did, flipped and trimmed some alloys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you use the AeroCoach regular angled spacers or the horizontal angled spacers for getting a tilt on the Tririg Alpha bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tomk407 wrote:
Do you use the AeroCoach regular angled spacers or the horizontal angled spacers for getting a tilt on the Tririg Alpha bars?

I use the regular ones. Here are a few pictures took awhile ago of the wedge setup. Now if you're not in a huge rush I've heard rumors ;) that there may be some angled wedges in the works from Tririg. Not sure on the timeline for those but of course they'll be perfectly matched with the Alpha One and the cups.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
https://www.modernbike.com/zipp-vuka-aero-c1-armrest-angle-wedge-kit-5-and-10-degree-wedges-with-bolts

Are those Zipp Vuka wedges only compatible with Zipp extension clamps and armrests, or do they work with other manufacturers? I’m on a Profile Design setup, and I believe the bolt spacing is 30 mm.
Quote Reply

Prev Next