Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice on indoor specific bike fit for optimal power output
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
I’m looking for some advice on esport specific bike fit and I reckon there are some people in here more knowledgeable than me on biomechanics :)

I’m pretty serious into esport and have a bike fixed on my trainer for indoor riding only. I assumed there was no need to keep the same stack as my outdoor bike since there is obviously no aero drag inside so rather open up the hip angle and raise the handle bar some.

Is there a tipping point where you start to hurt the power production by raising the handle bar?
I’m not going crazy and raising the bar higher than the saddle fx but I assume there might be power to be gained by raising it quite a bit to open up the hips when not thinking about aero?
But don’t know if fx peak power in sprints or glute activating etc etc gets affected.

Hoping for some inputs. Thanks :)

Kind regards
Michael
Last edited by: MichaelB88: Jun 26, 22 23:34
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on indoor specific bike fit for optimal power output [MichaelB88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're that into it just take notes on RPE and HR at some Z2 or tempo power at different stacks.

You'd already know this also, but bolting your trainer to the floor is another thing folks do for that. And ice vests. And dedicated window a/c units.

Good luck. I realize this is a "thing", but I cannot get into that kind of thing. I only really modify my setup to match outdoors and optimize the climate control so I can tolerate doing indoors workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on indoor specific bike fit for optimal power output [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the fixed trainer on the floor makes a difference in sprints.

Yes the esport side of cycling surely is something else. We do race for prize money though in the top of premier division on zwift.
That’s more than I can say for the ultra races I normally do so makes sense to optimize my indoor bike for indoor riding 😃
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on indoor specific bike fit for optimal power output [MichaelB88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, are you saying the elite divisions of ultra racing near you have no prize money?
Quote Reply