Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adjusting Di2 without access to Junction box?
Quote | Reply
Is there any hack to getting Di2 into adjustment mode without getting the junction box out? I'm on a P5 and the junction box is buried in the stem with a BTA bottle cage mounted on top of it so it's a bit of a pain to get access to it. Fine for charging as I don't do that very often but the problem I have is that I always need to use the micro adjustment mode to cater for two sets of wheels and a direct drive turbo all with slightly different cassette spacing. I thought I would be able to do it wirelessly through the E-tube app but I can't seem to find any option for that
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting Di2 without access to Junction box? [Dan The Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only way to adjust etc wireless is having a d-fly unit installed, which can be in the frame
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting Di2 without access to Junction box? [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks is that something the old D-Fly unit did that the current one (I have EWWU111 installed currently) can't do? If thats the case I might try and find an old D-Fly on on ebay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't you just disconnect the FD and plug in a spare junction to micro adjust?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you have to access the junction to adjust.

one of the many reasons i did this to my old P5 (see #3 specifically)

http://jameshaycraft.blogspot.com/...y-simply-faster.html
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting Di2 without access to Junction box? [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would that work? If I had a spare 3 port Junction and just plugged the FD wire in. There would be two 3 port junctions connected at the same time does that matter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan The Man wrote:
Would that work? If I had a spare 3 port Junction and just plugged the FD wire in. There would be two 3 port junctions connected at the same time does that matter?

Confirmed it does not work. Just tried on two bikes with different generation di2.
Best bet would be to mount it under the seat like another poster mentioned. I had it mounted like that on my triad with some Velcro so I could pull it out easily for charging.
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting Di2 without access to Junction box? [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ah thanks for the info all. Think I'll just buy another Junction B and wire and route the Junction A to the saddle. Seems like a simple enough solution
Quote Reply