Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Accommodations IMF
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions for accommodations in Panama City. The host hotel is sold out. Any advantages to staying at one hotel over another? For example Pier 99 has some rooms (and is closer to the race start) and the Holiday Inn also has rooms.

John Bogdanski
Quote Reply
Re: Accommodations IMF [JohnKarol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the Summit this year for the GCT in Panama City.

Pros: Its close to the host hotel (1 block), its moderately priced, all rooms have balconies overlooking the beach, decent pools & poolside bar

Cons: Spring break furnishings (queen bed and bunk beds share the bedroom), a generally cheap and smelly hotel.

Overall, it met its designed purpose: a quiet place to sleep and eat before the race with a nice balcony to sip coffee and relax in the mornings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've stayed at the Gulf Crest Motel for the 1/2 and for IMF. It's at about the 0.5-0.75 mile mark on the run. Decent accomodations.

I've stayed at the Watercrest Condos for the 1/2. REally nice, but further down the strip, probably 4 miles from the start. More expensive.

A couple of friends stayed at the Spain Motel. Really cool, but they don't have a lot of rooms. It's also a few miles from the start.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a ton of hotel/motels in Panama City. Most of them that are near the race site are a litle rough around the edges. Last year at IMFL I wanted to stay away from the hoopla so we stayed at a Marriot about 7 miles down the road. Really nice hotel with 2 restaurants, room service, etc. Plus I could ride my bike away from the traffic closer to the race site.
Quote Reply