Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

About records and so on...
Quote | Reply
Hi. I have been reading through a couple of posts and I always wanted to show my point on this issue...
Kona 18, male swim record...ok, claps for that man who made a great promo for his swimsuits.
70.3 worlds, Frodo runs a delirant 1.06 in the half marathon.....
then, i see people saying someone made 1.56 for the 90k in a 70.3...etc

1.All these records are pointless. Yes, the guy who swam in Kona broke the record...and??? what happened then? Triathlon is three sports in one...I dislike media giving more publicity to this person than giving it to a top 15
2. when we talk about records...please, in track or swimming pool... Frodo's 1.06 was not made in a full half, the course was shorter....
I know some of you will disagree...but triathlon is not a sport for beating records, but beating competitors

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Last edited by: juanillo: Apr 9, 19 7:22
Quote Reply
Re: About records and so on... [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
Hi. I have been reading through a couple of posts and I always wanted to show my point on this issue...
Kona 18, male swim record...ok, claps for that man who made a great promo for his swimsuits.
70.3 worlds, Frodo runs a delirant 1.06 in the half marathon.....
then, i see people saying someone made 1.56 for the 90k in a 70.3...etc

1.All these records are pointless. Yes, the guy who swam in Kona broke the record...and??? what happened then? Triathlon is three sports in one...I dislike media giving more publicity to this person than giving it to a top 15
2. when we talk about records...please, in track or swimming pool... Frodo's 1.06 was not made in a full half, the course was shorter....
I know some of you will disagree...but triathlon is not a sport for beating records, but beating competitors

I kinda get your point. In swimming, no one really cares about "records" of say a breaststroke split in the 200IM. However, part of triathlon is recognizing the individual disciplines within the sport. It's recognizing what is possible within the context of the sport. If you don't like it, don't pay attention....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Apr 9, 19 7:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The point is to give people something to talk about regarding the sport. That is it.
Quote Reply