Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A thank you to the folks at HED
Quote | Reply
I was in my hometown of White Bear Lake, MN over the holidays, which just happens to be the headquarters of HED. So, as an x-mas gift to myself I stopped into the HED offices to pick up a new set of race wheels.

I've only recently discovered the sport of Triathlon in the past 2 years and have become addicted to the sport itself as well as the amazing quality of people I've met during training, races, etc. Regardless of athletic prowess, status, our accomplishments, the people I've met have been down to earth and all around great people. The folks at HED further reinforced what I've discovered thus far.

I just wanted to say thanks to Anne and Steve for taking the time to give me a tour of their assembly process, answer my endless questions, and share some industry news (not to mention a nice little discount and a free pair of socks). While balancing a hectic business and family, I really appreciated they took to take care of a customer. Anne, Steve, and the crew at HED represented everything I've come to love about our sport. Something I value in the products I purchase and the company I keep.

If anyone has the chance to pick up your wheels in person, I recommend the opportunity. I'm sure you'll leave the door with a great set of wheels and a new friend or two.

I look forward to racing on my new wheels and hopefully passing a few of you in the process :) Happy racing!

Quote Reply
Re: A thank you to the folks at HED [pjl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've talked to them by phone. Very helpful and very friendly.
Quote Reply
Re: A thank you to the folks at HED [pjl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done business with Hed for some time and have always been impressed with their procducts and what kind people they are. Yeah, it's a big world- and it's all about the $$$ in the business world. But there is something very valuable about calling a company on the phone and having the person who owns it answer and tell you about their products.
Hed has never received the credit they are due either. They basically revolutionized performance wheel design with the deep section aero rim. Huge revolution. Great products, great people, great company.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: A thank you to the folks at HED [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Hed has never received the credit they are due either. They basically revolutionized performance wheel design with the deep section aero rim. Huge revolution.[/reply]

ditto that. they've basically taught the rest of the world how to make a performance bicycle wheel. but they're not, by nature, aggressive people, and therefore not aggressive marketers. they consistently make the best wheels in the world, with a few exceptions in exceptional years, and yet they're not purchased at the same rates as are, say, mavic wheels, or shimano, or bontrager, all of which are in my mind clearly inferior as race wheels.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: A thank you to the folks at HED [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Hed wheels.I own several of there wheels.Can't wait to use my new 3D and handlebars.That said,I believe the one reason this will never change is the margins are way to small.Ask any shop owner what he pays for an $800 wheelset from Mavic,Trek and the like and couple that with incentives for employees to ride these wheels.Well you get the picture.I think Hed should sell only to LBS's and raise there prices 20%.There well worth it.By the way,I don't own abike store.
Quote Reply
Re: A thank you to the folks at HED [Cullen Watkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do agree with Cullen that Hed could get 15-20% more for their wheels. Zipp has had a fairly substantial price increase and customers are still lining up for them. Hed could position themselves similarly. Both great products.

Cullen, thanks again for the pistachios- Awesome!
Happy New Year.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
My experience no less impressive... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... i blew a rear hub flange on a 1.5 year old HED Deep and Andy at HED sent me out some spokes, a hub and eyelets in no time flat. no haggling, no questions... just an apology and a quick turnaround. they also compensated me for the hassle. great customer service + great product = long term customer.
Quote Reply