Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A small winter-time victory...new swim PR
Quote | Reply
For the last 9 weeks or so I have turned myself into what Dan termed a "picklehead", doing more swimming than ever and averaging about 20,000 meters a week since mid December, most of which is done starting at about 5AM 4-6 times a week. Northern IL isn't the best place to do a lot of riding this time of year so.....

After getting some stroke advice and buying the short Multisport swimming tape that had been mentioned on the forum, I have been working at it, and today brought my 2000 meter test time down from 32:17 to 30:09. I know that probably won't sound too great to a lot of you, but for this 188 pound 47-year old it is a small winter-time victory.

This will be my 19th year or triathlon-ing and I hope it helps some!

Now, about my grand total of 11 miles of running this week....:)

Best,

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: A small winter-time victory...new swim PR [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a very, very impressive accomplishment. I (most of us....) know how hard that is.

Really awesome my friend. Very impressive.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet. 2 min off a 2k TT is huge - regardless of your starting point. Very nicely done.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about anyone else, but that is very impressive.

At Iron Horse if you feel something grab onto your waist, it's just me trying to keep up.

If you don't mind me asking, at IH are looking to qualify for nationals in your AG?

--------------------------

Do you mind sharing what your swim workout schedule would look like for a typical week?

Side Note: It was almost 50 degrtees today, you did go outside and bike/run didn't you? ;)

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: A small winter-time victory...new swim PR [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian,

No big secret on the workouts...lots of long, slow aerobic base building sets consistently working on stroke mechanics (and trying not to let the stroke fall apart during the workout), and then once a week or so pick a distance and chase it abit.

As far as Ironhorse goes, I am using it as a stepping stone to IM-WI and just want a decent race there after falling off badly on the run last year.

And yes...those 11 miles of running this week? They were all done this AM before I hit the pool!:)

Best,

Mark
Quote Reply