Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A question on wheels
Quote | Reply
Ok, I broke down and did it, Bought the Eddy Merckx Majestic with full 105. Well, that's what I paid for anyway, and I got a very good deal, I think anyway. He told me on the phone that I would be getting full 105 with 32spoke 105 hubs and a good wheel set. The wheel set on the bike is an Equation 622x14 using equation hubs and I think they are 20 spoke with bladed spokes.
So, my question, Did I get a better deal than 105, or should I go back and talk to him about getting the 105's I was quoted? I am not familar with the Equation wheels. They say built by Alex and distributed by Avenir. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
All I have left to do is find peddles I like and can afford (bike took all the money) and then turn up the heat outside so its not sooooo *&%*(^( cold. Oh, and wait for my knee to heal so I can ride with out pain.
Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: A question on wheels [rshawgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Equation is the house brand for Derby Corporation. Sounds like you stumbled on a good closeout deal. They're good. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, IMHO they are a 6. They are resonably fast(er) than standard wheels but maybe a little less durable. That's my take on it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply