Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A chat with the speedy Ryan Linden (husband of Des Linden)
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with the speedy Ryan Linden (husband of Des Linden) [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!! He’s doing Santa Rosa, and in my AG.... greeeeeeeeeeat.

Re: A chat with the speedy Ryan Linden (husband of Des Linden) [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff, Herbert.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with the speedy Ryan Linden (husband of Des Linden) [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I am trying to put more time in them now as I am doing fewer of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's say The Trues and the Lindens decide to all run the same half marathon. Which couple would have the fastest accumulated finishing time? Ben finished his first half last month, winning the NYC half in 1:02:39. Desi Linden's PR is 1:10:34 (according to Wikipedia) and Ryan's marathon PR is 2:26, which converts to a 1:10 half according to a Runner's World calculator. So how fast could Sarah run a half marathon? Can she go sub 1:20?

Are there any faster running couples where one is focused on triathlon?
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Apr 25, 18 7:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good story. about Ryan's Ironman Kona , 2014 experience, "... and I was pulled off the course 6 miles into the run." I'm just curious, what happen? No shirt? or something?
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with the speedy Ryan Linden (husband of Des Linden) [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:

Lauren Fleshman and Jesse Thomas?
Julia Webb and Alan Webb?

Not sure how either would stack up, but they both came to mind (though Webb’s stint in triathlon was short and a half-mary would be outside his ideal range)

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with the speedy Ryan Linden (husband of Des Linden) [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:

Lauren Fleshman and Jesse Thomas?
Julia Webb and Alan Webb?

Not sure how either would stack up, but they both came to mind (though Webb’s stint in triathlon was short and a half-mary would be outside his ideal range)

Excellent additions to the fantasy field. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with the speedy Ryan Linden (husband of Des Linden) [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With regards to getting pulled in Kona 2014. The day before the race my body did not feel normal, and race morning for sure did not. Once I got on the bike, I had some issues and gotten to the point where I told myself just make it to the run and you will be ok. That was not the case I had to stop multiple times on the bike for stomach issues and once on the run things magnified even more. I made it to the turn on alli and was in survival mode. At some point I was alone on the ground and a lady called for medical to come. Ended up in the medical tent and got 3 IV's there and then was taken to the ER by ambulance and given another 2 IV's. They thought I had appendicitis and was given a cat scan and xrays but both came up negative. Eventually released late night but they never figured out what happened. Made expensive trip even more expensive.

RL
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with the speedy Ryan Linden (husband of Des Linden) [Rlinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! That's scary stuff. Thanks for the additional info--sure makes you think about "if I can just get to point X..."

Have a great season!
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with the speedy Ryan Linden (husband of Des Linden) [Rlinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you haven't had an issue like that since? That is weird that you have no idea what it was or might be.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, very scary indeed. Hope you get checked regularly now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lucky to have it only happen one other time, and was a year earlier. Dr's could never figure out. But yes it one of things were I was lucky, could have been way worse.
Quote Reply