Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A TT bike in Germany and the Netherlands
Quote | Reply
This might be a bit of a long shot.

I will be traveling to Germany and The Netherlands as support staff for an Australian National Sporting Team in June and July. I am also racing in Kona in October so I need to keep some sort of training going. Taking my bike across on the flight with the rest of the team equipment would be seriously frowned upon. Posting it across is looking to be seriously expensive. Renting a decent bike is probably my best option but that is looking very expensive as well (might just have to). Are there any other options I've overlooked? Does anybody have any contacts in those countries (the tournament, and most of our time, will be in Breda, Netherlands) that might be able to rent or loan a decent bike - any good road bike will do, TT bike even better, a 51cm frame Cervelo P5 is what I normally ride and will be racing on. Cervelo reps maybe? I know its a long shot but you can't blame a guy for trying....
Quote Reply
Re: A TT bike in Germany and the Netherlands [gazman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might be an option:

https://translate.google.com/...it-text=&act=url

Last edited by: fritsiexx: May 20, 18 12:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Belgium, and would love to be able to help you.. but a man just doesn't have a spare TT bike lying around.

Is a bikebox on the plane really that expensive? Didn't expect it to be more than 100 dollars
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

https://rustersports.com/product/og-hen-house

I think I'm up to about 10 international plane flights with this. I have not been charged once.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: A TT bike in Germany and the Netherlands [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies. I obviously wasn't very clear on the original post. It is not expensive to fly with my bike - I am traveling with a sporting team that has a lot of equipment and a team bus - it would not be appreciated for me to bring extra oversized luggage that is not helpful for the team. Posting the bike separately is going to cost around $1500 from Australia to The Netherlands and return. Thank you to the poster who linked to the rental site. Still very expensive for a couple of weeks but looking like the best option at this stage. I've also emailed the local triathlon community in Breda hoping for some advice. Thanks again.
Quote Reply