Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A Call for Help: Stolen Eddy Merckx
Quote | Reply
 A Call for Help:

This Eddy Merckx was stolen yesterday (April 17, 2018) from the back of my car from Lovers Lane and 75 in Dallas, Texas. I am writing for help from the greater community.

This bike belonged to my father who passed away last August suddenly and unexpectedly. He and I were very close and had planned to compete in an Ironman together. In honor of him, I have been training with it for the Memorial Hermann Ironman in Houston, TX on April 28, 2018.

The bike is special because it is unique, but more so because it was his. I am asking for help from the greater community of Dallas to help me locate it.

Title: Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra
Owner: Stiles Harper
Cell: (803) 429 – 1362

Thank you all ahead of time for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: A Call for Help: Stolen Eddy Merckx [stiles.harper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice looking bike, will keep an eye on the local craigslist around here. You never know. I suggest you cover as much of Craigslist as you can, it seems to be the outlet for hot bikes, and of course ebay. That is a bit easier as it is not regional.
Quote Reply
Re: A Call for Help: Stolen Eddy Merckx [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Monty. Appreciate the advice and help! Will do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post that on LetsRun...

they will find the name of the thief, find his address, his parents address, the loan on his cousins tractor, what bank he goes to, which meal he eats for lunch on thursdays, and how many people his sister has slept with.

they are a vicious breed on that forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry about your bike! keep an eye on sites like LetGo and OfferUp too. not sure about TX but they're probably the #1 spot for unloading stolen goods here in the northeast. ETA: facebook marketplace too
Last edited by: velox canis: Apr 19, 18 12:04
Quote Reply