Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [peanut8481] [ In reply to ]

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Yes i know this is my first posting on here as a member, a friend of mine who has posted in this forum has sent me a link to it and i was astonished. I'm jared samuelson, and doctor gary samuelson is my uncle and cso of asea, he makes 5 digits a year for doing the work he does for asea, verdis norton, and jim peck are both friends and associates of my uncle and there making millions a year. do you think he would keep doing this when he could be making much more elswhere unless he really believed in what he was working on. I sat next to him when he charted the vo2 results, as a matter of fact the test was done several times and did show an increased vo2 threshhold above the placebo effect. all you people saying "lets see those 16 reactive chemicals, it must be bogus cuz they dont give us all the trade secrets", well whats the "energy blend" in 5-hour energy shots, or other energy drinks... oh they must not really work, they must just be placebo effect, or just caffein that lasts 5 hours. oh but if 5- hour energy shots were an MLM then theyd be bogus too i guess. How many tests should they do before its (science)??? theyve given you the data and third party data and you still want to see more testing??? I dont use asea simply because i do not like the taste, but stop calling my uncle a con man, if you ever want a free sample or research behind any of the tests then get ahold of me at jnsamuelson@gmail.com. lets face it, if they were gunna sell fake electric water, dont you think they would sell more if it didnt taste like hyperchlorinated pool water??? i mean come on. nobody does that on perpose. you can have your opinions on asea but until you use it or see the detailed reports on it then stop thinking you know everything. i can get you whatever info you want, along with free product to try yourself. most of the product deteriorates when it hits the stomach and lasts only a few minuets which is why you take the 4 oz. 2 times daily. you wont even feel effects for the first 4-7 days except in your sleep. like i said, i do not use asea or sell it, and i do not work for asea, but i know my uncle didnt go to U of U for 12 years to be called a con man.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [jnsamuelson] [ In reply to ]

bwwahahaahhahaahahahahahah....oh that was good!

let me guess... Francois rode on the little yellow bus to school. dont be a stuborn ass know-it-all. nobody likes them.

jnsamuelson wrote:
but i know my uncle didnt go to U of U for 12 years to be called a con man.

Then he should stop acting like one

No little yellow bus for me mate. I do research. And I really don't people using science to make money out of people's credulity.
At least, unlike Andrew Wakefield, this isn't dangerous, it's just taking people's money.

HA at least he is adapting to slowtwitch quickly

Michael J. Pelechaty
Brewer, Black Box Brewing Co.

"Yeah, I was depressed for a little while, but then I remembered how awesome I am."

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [npage148] [ In reply to ]

ha your the one acting like a con man. where are your test results reguarding asea product, where is your lab and where did your phd come from. you have less right to demote my uncles research then he has to promote it. your data against asea = 0, my uncles data for asea = 16 years + millions of dollars in research. lets face it most of you are talking about things you dont even understand.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan

My PhD is in a field in which gives me understanding of what I'm talking about and the extraordinary claims your uncle is making.

actually, legaly speaking asea has made no claims whatsoever as to the effects of asea except what the FDA allows them to say based on evidence provided to them regaurding antioxidants and how signaling between cells is improved. all the claims of cures, remissions, and such are made by people who use it. the proof is in the pudding, they say 20% of people are as much effected by the placebo effect. well 3 out of 5 people that use asea on a trial basis admit to its positive effects and would recommend it. hence MLM. id say that around 60%. people here say personal testamonies dont count because there is no scientific evidence. you show me a clinical test of 5 hour energy that is more specific then the asea test results and you have a case. and as far as (it just sounds sciency to rip people off) well maybe if you knew a thing or two you would understand half the stuff theyre talking about, and realize "hey these words actually mean somthing...huh". bottom line, no matter what your phd is in or how smart you are, you have no more right to say "it cant work" or "it doesnt work" than the people who say it does work. you show me your findings in your experament to prove asea doesnt have positive effects on the body. show me your evidence. cuz so far asea is winning in the prove it game. your a con for saying it doesnt work. why should anyone believe you. you have no proof.

I am under the impression now that ASEA will lead to positive drug tests? I am scared to ingest it.

Ian

why so obsessed about 5-hour energy?
Last edited by: npage148: Sep 4, 12 12:42

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [tkos] [ In reply to ]

impossible, when the salt an water undergo the reaction reactive chemicals, primarily RS and ROS are made. to much of one or the other can be destructive but in balance like in asea they are already being made by your body. these are key to communication between cells. in an optimal amount it will improve waste disposal from cells and increase reaction between healthy and destructive cells. often times when a cell is bad and the cells around it dont know to kill and replace it then it is a problem with redox signaling. this lack of communication can lead to more seriouse problems. but a drug test isnt going to come up positive for somthing that your body already makes.

Landis would beg to differ

well 5-hour energy and asea have alot in common as far as testing goes. but for some reason 5 hour energy is backed by everyone and asea isnt. people use 5 hour energy and say it works, people use asea and says it works, but for some reason asea is a scam for lack of scientific evidence. im just sayin we all know 5 hour energy works because weve used it. and until the same is said for asea then the idea that asea doesnt work is unprovable and is just hearsay without scientific proof that is doesnt work.

i dont see what landis has to do with anything, he doped and got caught, then admitted to doping??? the end /:0.

Quote:
a drug test isnt going to come up positive for somthing that your body already makes.

so far as i know, there is no drug test that is used to measure the rs and ros content in the cells of athletes. and no penalty for having these reactive chemicals. perhaps i didnt consider people doping as "natural" to there body because of the excessive amount found in there blood. you body will only use as much rs and ros as it needs to be optimal. most people are naturaly deficient in these molocules, asea just fills the gaps. asea will not work on people who already are at an optimal level because your cells can only take in so much.

Thanks, this is the first time that I get to of my fav sites, Science based medicine and Slowtitch, combined.

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [LastManWalking] [ In reply to ]

Then check out also the blog of Steven Salzberg, at JH, previously Univ. of Maryland, called Genomics, Evolution, and Pseudoscience.
Very entertaining too, although far less clinical and far more fundamental science than SBM.

jnsamuelson wrote:
but for some reason 5 hour energy is backed by everyone

Hmm...if you add some coffee in ASEA, people will back it up too...that's funny stuff right there mate.

jnsamuelson wrote:
Yes i know this is my first posting on here as a member, a friend of mine who has posted in this forum has sent me a link to it and i was astonished. I'm jared samuelson, and doctor gary samuelson is my uncle and cso of asea, he makes 5 digits a year for doing the work he does for asea, verdis norton, and jim peck are both friends and associates of my uncle and there making millions a year. do you think he would keep doing this when he could be making much more elswhere unless he really believed in what he was working on. I sat next to him when he charted the vo2 results, as a matter of fact the test was done several times and did show an increased vo2 threshhold above the placebo effect. all you people saying "lets see those 16 reactive chemicals, it must be bogus cuz they dont give us all the trade secrets", well whats the "energy blend" in 5-hour energy shots, or other energy drinks... oh they must not really work, they must just be placebo effect, or just caffein that lasts 5 hours. oh but if 5- hour energy shots were an MLM then theyd be bogus too i guess. How many tests should they do before its (science)??? theyve given you the data and third party data and you still want to see more testing??? I dont use asea simply because i do not like the taste, but stop calling my uncle a con man, if you ever want a free sample or research behind any of the tests then get ahold of me at jnsamuelson@gmail.com. lets face it, if they were gunna sell fake electric water, dont you think they would sell more if it didnt taste like hyperchlorinated pool water??? i mean come on. nobody does that on perpose. you can have your opinions on asea but until you use it or see the detailed reports on it then stop thinking you know everything. i can get you whatever info you want, along with free product to try yourself. most of the product deteriorates when it hits the stomach and lasts only a few minuets which is why you take the 4 oz. 2 times daily. you wont even feel effects for the first 4-7 days except in your sleep. like i said, i do not use asea or sell it, and i do not work for asea, but i know my uncle didnt go to U of U for 12 years to be called a con man.

Is that right... I wonder why ASEA themselves presented data that showed no change in VO2 or time to exhaustion.

I don't need to use a product to spot pseudoscience.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [DrPete] [ In reply to ]

VO2 max was unchanged. Time to vo2 max was extended.

jnsamuelson wrote:
VO2 max was unchanged. Time to vo2 max was extended.

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/26/1_MeetingAbstracts/lb713?sid=c4261da1-f8d2-4932-94a0-ca395b0d1d8e

"
ASEA did not improve TT performance (p = .95)."

The rest is a hunt for biomarkers and other things to make it seem like something is happening. In the context of an endpoint that anyone cares about, it was a negative study.

Francois wrote:
jnsamuelson wrote:
but for some reason 5 hour energy is backed by everyone

Hmm...if you add some coffee in ASEA, people will back it up too...that's funny stuff right there mate.

Sweet mercy, if you made coffee with ASEA it could become a super drink of amazing proportions.

But then I could probably also just make coffee with saline I guess. Isn't saline solution optimized for your body? I get a bag of it every other week.

Ian

Prev Next