Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [karma] [ In reply to ]

Why is up to ASEA to prove its claims when personal proof is really based on human experience ????
There is no pure scientific proof of something that words at a quantum level. We're not sophisticated enough to apply science to the quantum realm .
I don't think people are quite ready , emotionally, for the changes that are taking place, not only in health but in monetary, political , social & spiritual models.
In the final analysis, it's your faith that will lead you to truth as the secular "rules" of the game get more distorted with each passing month.
Your faith is what's on trial, not science. Science is a part-time luxury affordable by 20th century chemistry.
I'll make anyone here a deal .... if you can show me a scientific instrument that is capable of telling me how good it feels, I'll buy you a case of ASEA so you can have your own experience.
It's the experience that's real .... not the scientific representation that science may or may not provide. Get rid of the broker !!! Make your claim for a case right here --> http://www.wholeearthhealth.com/page/asea

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [therooster] [ In reply to ]

therooster wrote:
Why is up to ASEA to prove its claims when personal proof is really based on human experience ????
There is no pure scientific proof of something that words at a quantum level. We're not sophisticated enough to apply science to the quantum realm .
I don't think people are quite ready , emotionally, for the changes that are taking place, not only in health but in monetary, political , social & spiritual models.
In the final analysis, it's your faith that will lead you to truth as the secular "rules" of the game get more distorted with each passing month.
Your faith is what's on trial, not science. Science is a part-time luxury affordable by 20th century chemistry.
I'll make anyone here a deal .... if you can show me a scientific instrument that is capable of telling me how good it feels, I'll buy you a case of ASEA so you can have your own experience.
It's the experience that's real .... not the scientific representation that science may or may not provide. Get rid of the broker !!! Make your claim for a case right here --> http://www.wholeearthhealth.com/page/asea

Well, I guess when the science doesn't support your claims, your best bet is to call the science into question. Sounds a lot like you are trying to sell people snake oil not water however.

Shane

Why did I know you'd show your face again once this thread was dredged up again?

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [gsmacleod] [ In reply to ]

Don't need the science. That's the point. The human experience is the superior test. When we use science, like the idiots who don't know how to market do, a scientific door opens up and the questions layer one another.
At some point , the conversation gets down to levels that no-one can answer .... no-one. We are scratching the surface on redox signaling (indigenous to the body) and its benefits. What then ? We all walk away and let the experience fall through the cracks ? Madness ! Do really believe that to be a good process ?

therooster wrote:
Don't need the science. That's the point. The human experience is the superior test. When we use science, like the idiots who don't know how to market do, a scientific door opens up and the questions layer one another.

And the last thing anyone selling snake oil would want is to have rigourous scientific inquiry applied to their product.

Quote:
At some point , the conversation gets down to levels that no-one can answer .... no-one. We are scratching the surface on redox signaling (indigenous to the body) and its benefits. What then ? We all walk away and let the experience fall through the cracks ? Madness ! Do really believe that to be a good process ?

No - if your product works, then prove it. Science doesn't abandon ideas because they are hard to investigate or run contrary to our intuition. Quantum mechanics, which you've been quick to invoke, would have been discarded long ago if that was the way the scientific process worked.

Shane

Knock yourself out ... do the science.

I've worked with companies that prove the science on their products but then the pharma companies bamboozle the public that the study is not acceptable to "their standards".
Different rules ! "Their standards" include steps that cost huge amounts of money because they are in the drug marketing business. Your bed, you lie in it.

ASEA and hundreds of other companies that produce very effective health supplements have no intention of getting "drug approval". It's not their thing. They market food products that enhance health, not cures.
Did you even know that the word "cure" has a legal definition, as does the substance classification of "drug" ? These are legal terms that support pharma marketing. The are not necessarily health concepts.

How's this for a scientific fact. ASEA has the only study on its product. If you think refuting the science with no science other then the science that's been done, what kind of BS science would that be ???

How old are you anyway ? It feels like I'm debating with a child.

Quote:
Did you even know that the word "cure" has a legal definition, as does the substance classification of "drug" ? These are legal terms that support pharma marketing. The are not necessarily health concepts.

hahahah red herring! hahahaha

i suppose if you got cancer you wouldnt bother looking to get "cured" since that isnt a necessary health concept.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!

therooster wrote:

Knock yourself out ... do the science.

No thanks; I no longer due science and this was not in my field in any case.

Quote:
I've worked with companies that prove the science on their products but then the pharma companies bamboozle the public that the study is not acceptable to "their standards".

So the science was sound but big pharma just came in and pulled the wool over the eyes of the public? What about all the scientists who would have seen the sound science showing the benefit of the product (published in peer review journals of course); why didn't they alert the public to the bamboozling? Or are they all in the pocket of big pharma and therefore too busy lining their own pockets to care about the science?

Quote:
Different rules ! "Their standards" include steps that cost huge amounts of money because they are in the drug marketing business. Your bed, you lie in it.

Are you seriously bemoaning the fact that the supplement industry is not held to the same standard as drug companies? If you were required to prove your claims before you made them, using scientific rigour, there would be many less supplements available on the market so it would seem that the different rules may actually work in your favour.

Quote:
ASEA and hundreds of other companies that produce very effective health supplements have no intention of getting "drug approval". It's not their thing. They market food products that enhance health, not cures.

With no requirement of evidence for the claims they make; granted, the placebo effect will help some but beyond that...

Quote:

Red herring.

Quote:
How's this for a scientific fact. ASEA has the only study on its product. If you think refuting the science with no science other then the science that's been done, what kind of BS science would that be ???

Wait, I thought science didn't matter?

Regardless, if the study is of interest, one would think there would be people looking to investigate further. Perhaps the fact that nobody is studying this is because it has already been study and the results are not interesting?

Quote:
How old are you anyway ? It feels like I'm debating with a child.

Funny, I was thinking that several children that I know have a better grasp on science than you.

Shane

you don't "walk away". you run a double blind placebo-aware test with suitably large N to establish that the effect is caused by something in ASEA rather than the interaction of psychology and physiology, (aka placebo).

yes, its really that simple.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]

Well, the dox-shots facebook page has some dude talking about 'double blind placebo controlled cross study' ...I informed him that he probably meant crossover...
Anyhow, the funny thing is that ASEA has a whole bunch of 'science' crap on their website...but when confronted with the fact that none of this is science, they go
the other way and say it's not up to them to do the science.

It's as unethical as can be.

therooster wrote:

I'm feeding the troll, but the bolded part states everything you need to know about this htread.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]

reminds me of:

A thousand thank yous Mr. Rooster. Thanks to your stellar efforts marketing AsSEA I am completely and utterly convinced. To never, ever buy that garbage. Well played.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Saw this today; seemed appropriate:

http://www.forbes.com/...l-from-fake-science/

Shane

Check the first answer to the new trail running technique thread.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Francois wrote:
Check the first answer to the new trail running technique thread.

My mother would have said something about great minds and fools at this point...

Shane

Let me reply because I signed on the dotted line for this stuff. It all sounded interesting but the first red flags went up when I said I wanted to try it myself before selling it to anyone. That was discouraged because they pointed to one of their top guys who even though the stuff did nothing for him still he sold it (and has done really well at it). Reason being even though it did nothing for him he wanted to see others benefit from it. Yep pretty selfless. Well because I consider myself a person of honesty and integrity I still wanted to try it out first. Well after almost a month it did seem to help perhaps on healing a bruise quickly. I was then asked to give my testimony on our little charge up calls (Go Team) On both occasions I was prepped a bit before speaking on the call. They basically wanted me to not say that ASEA cured me of anything (a legal thing I guess) but that while I was taking ASEA this happened. Semantics I guess. And I guess the listeners could come to their own conclusions. I stopped participating after the second call because the woman (one of their Diamonds) tried to create talking points for me besides the usual legal stuff. I thought just telling what happened would be the best and most honest thing to say in my own words. Guess not. Well after taking ASEA for almost 2 months I got a huge attack of vertigo which ended me up in the ER. I stopped taking ASEA and the vertigo went away (just saying).Keep in mind you are drinking a type of salt water even though it states its not harmful. You will take notice that some of the people making a huge amount of money(Diamonds) in this are actually professional sales people who were very successful at selling other stuff before I was also alarmed at some of the links we were sent on testimonies by some we were asked to not share this with the public. Why not? If its a good testimony why not share it.Im not mad at ASEA or anything like that. In my experience it seems to lack integrity.If you want to buy into the fountain of youth deal go ahead because the main people they are targeting are baby boomers who are getting older and trying to regain their youth. Funny though if this stuff works so well how come they don't want to make direct claims that it works? Probably because it doesn't. I was also cautioned to not tell anyone to google ASEA because "We don't do that". I know there is a lot of misinformation on the internet but aren't people smart enough to discern true from false? Im not implying that anyone is doing anything illegal or anything. I personally think its unethical to not be able tell things as you see them. Plus do you really want to buy or sell a product that makes no real claims about its product besides the fact that its really just expensive pool water. Your choice thats just my opinion. Google some of their main players(Diamonds) and check their backgrounds.They have made a lot of money selling stuff. And Im all for capitalism and all but I digress... This company was really smart putting this together. PS Im not against MLM at all. Just against people who I feel are not being upfront and trying to manipulate things. That statement is not pointed just at ASEA but any company that would do this.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [agape] [ In reply to ]

Hey guys,
I'm not convinced about its effectiveness, mainly becauae I don't see any peer-reviewed studies on the product itself. I have, however, found something else you will find interesting that is backed on Pubmed and is being continuously studied by many universities who specialize in their own diseases. The product is Protandim. 13 peer-reviews and 2 general articles so far. Pretty legit from the research I've done so far. Check it out if you're looking for something that's proven already
In Reply To:

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [coblanchard] [ In reply to ]

Holy fucking hell....... seriously?

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]

veganerd wrote:
Holy fucking hell....... seriously?

Yay, this thread is back!

Ian

Is that a good "holy fucking hell" or a bad one? Lol

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [tkos] [ In reply to ]

This is the best thread I've read all year.
Unfortunately in order to fit with all the other first time posters in this thread I'm going to have to describe in length how this shite made my amputated leg grow back but without the use of any paragraphs.

Its amazement that people keep digging it up to shit out nonsense for their first posts.

I will start a new thread then to start fresh from the negative connotations of this one. If you are a fan of Science and honesty like you have previously mentioned, you cannot deem it nonsense until you do your own due diligence

If you are a fan of science, reading more ASEA water bullshit will make you die. And congrats on signing up yesterday to resurrect that crap thread about a crap product that is absolutely not grounded in science. (for the record, some folks here are scientists, and have asked for the 'data' several times in this thread...)

Prev Next