Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million.
Quote | Reply
BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million.

Story to follow.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [danstark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lance-armstrong-settles-100m-lawsuit-us-government-54592066
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [danstark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 million. Holy smokes I had no clue he had that much stashed away?
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:

He has a year to pay up. Plus, his TX home is up for sale.

http://www.fraserbicycle.com/
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [PPI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

doping? in cycling? on behalf of Captain Renault, I am shocked. I can see how this would have been news to the Postal Service too.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [PPI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PPI wrote:
thatzone wrote:

He has a year to pay up. Plus, his TX home is up for sale.

Seemed he was pretty wise as an investor, or at least had the advise of wise investors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His net worth is 125 million but lets say thats over stated and he has also paid out a few million based his settlements over the past few years then the 5 million plus 1.65 million (I think you see where I am going with this) he has 75 million in the bank for executing the "worlds biggest doping fraud/conspiracy" not bad Lance...not bad......SMH

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$5M to the Government (of which Landis gets 25%) and an additional $1.65 to Landis's attorneys.

So $6.65 total.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't the real story here that Floyd Landis just made a million bucks?

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:

Landis' lawyers made most of that. But the remainder should be good for printing some more T-shirts for his weed store.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
refthimos wrote:

Landis' lawyers made most of that. But the remainder should be good for printing some more T-shirts for his weed store.

Nope. He get 25% of the settlement with US Govt. His lawyer's are to be paid $1.65M separately.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Apr 19, 18 14:33
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yet we let the Russian hockey team compete in the Olympics. All politics, in my mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SO that is 1.25 million for Floyd, figure he has to pay a high tax rate on this if it is counted as one years income, so maybe he gets 800 grand net? Probably not what he was dreaming of, but I think if it had gone to court he would have gotten 0 dollars. This was a losing case from the beginning, but it was one that the lawyers were going to make a fortune off of. I'm sure Lance figured the time and money spent on winning this thing was well worth the 6+ million, he can now move on with his life without this dagger hanging over his head.

No matter how strong you think your case is, there is always that little chance it could go sideways. I think the opposing lawyers also thought it was a loser and got what they could, making sure they got a little on the side for themselves. No doubt Floyd was in some sort of commission of his winnings deal with his lawyers, they probably weren't too keen on going to trial and tripling down on what they had already invested.

So where is Lance living these days, anyone see him in Kona lately? I believe he still had that house, but probably has all his younger kids in Texas schools, so guessing he is living somewhere near where he used to, just not as large.

What's the over/under when Floyd has to file bankruptcy? I think he is going to burn through this like a lottery winner..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Active link:

https://www.yahoo.com/...mmate-214417167.html

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chalk it up as another win for Lance.

Factor in the expense of a trial and the business case in favor of a settlement of this magnitude makes for an easy decision.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raised $800 million for cancer research. What a monster.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Landis still has to pay back about half a million to people that donated to his fund, so he's not likely to walk away from this with too much money at all. Certainly not the windfall he was hoping for.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ESPN article states Floyd needs to apply for the 25%. Its not automatic.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgot about that one, so the under on bankruptcy just got more attractive, lets say one year??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, now this site can take a break from being Lionelsanderstwitch and go back to being Lancetwitch for a couple of days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesnt he have a home in Aspen also?
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat0 wrote:

Yep, the podcasts during the TDF were from his home in Aspen.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really dont know what houses he has left, I know he had a many before the crash, and I remember seeing on TV him moving out of his Austin mansion. As I recall he did have a house in Aspen, and one in Kona(well out by Waikailoa), not sure what his real estate holdings are anymore. I'm sure he had to trim most of the fat at some point, but if he was using houses he probably kept them?

I know awhile back he was spending a lot of time in Kona, but that was back when he was going to do that race. Not sure that place has the same allure now for him. Still having a lot of kids, probably Aspen was more to the family's liking. Maybe Dan can do an in-depth article one of these days, they still talk once in awhile I believe..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pat0 wrote:

He may have owned something in the past but from the podcast it sounds like he rents a place in Aspen now.
Quote Reply
Re: AP BREAKING: Cyclist Lance Armstrong agrees to $5 million settlement of government lawsuit that could have sought $100 million. [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Pat0 wrote:

He may have owned something in the past but from the podcast it sounds like he rents a place in Aspen now.

Per the cycling news article:
"Armstrong has one year to make the payments to the government and Landis, and has agreed to put a lien on his property in Texas as collateral.
Armstrong's Austin home was re-listed for sale for $7.5 million in March. It failed to sell for $8.5 million in 2016. Should the Austin home sell, he would be required to list his Colorado home as collateral under the settlement agreement."
Quote Reply

Prev Next