Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ANOTHER snow storm: when will it end?
Quote | Reply
Here in Michigan we just got socked in with another snow storm. Pardon my vernacular, but this sucks donkey dick. In reality some of it may be good, since EVERY bike company is delayed in delivering bikes. If it were 45 and sunny we'd be screwed since no one has bikes. The down side is training is still limited to computrainer and treadmill. Last week I ran outside at Xantusia and it sure was nice. This weather has been killing me. Man, break-ups, crappy weather, etc. It will be nice to get into Spring so we can talk about more important topics like saddle sores....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: ANOTHER snow storm: when will it end? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New York has been bombarded with snow, now it has been replaced by rain... however on the one sunny day this week I did manage a 6 mile run (4 weeks removed from my last run) and proceeded to put f@ck up my foot... on my way to the doctor now... Things aren't always better on the other side, unless you live in southern california
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems like every other day we get a snow storm this year! I did a treadmill run this morning since we're in the middle of "up to 22cm" of snow today. Tonight I'll be riding the trainer again.... I can't wait for spring.... especially after being at the bike show last weekend.
Quote Reply
chicago got hit too [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chicago got about 8-10inches last nite as well. Finally a chance to try my Montrail trail running shoes and a new pair of gaiters. traction was so good, it turned into a hard tempo run. I love those shoes.

Rode the CT last nite but I think I'll take out the MTB this evening before the salt trucks hit the lake front trail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the middle of it right now. Should be over 10 inches(25 cm) before it's over. Practically my whole morning appointments rescheduled. Will probably be the same this afternoon. That's why I've been playing here so much this morning. Should be filling out reports, etc, but this is more fun.
Quote Reply
Re: ANOTHER snow storm: when will it end? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't know that the weather is worse in northern USA than Switzerland. I always thought we had a lot of snow and cold. But here the temeratures are rising and there is no more snow. On some days you can 'smell' spring.

Felix , Switzerland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in the middle of 6 inches in NEPA. The worst part is, we weren't supposed to get any, and I didn't know it untill i got up at 5:00 a.m. this morning. Summer has to come sometime......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the sun is shinin here..

yahooo!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No joke. I was in D.C. yesterday on business. By early PM the sun was out and it was 69 degrees! I;m driving to a client meeting and watching everyone run and ride in shorts - everybody was out. I come home all jazzed only to find an email from AccuWeather warning me of a new winter storm. Today - sleet and snow. Next week I get to go back to Detroit and Chicago, for more cold and snow. At this rate, the first outdoor ride I'm gonna get is going to be when I get to Spain to race. I'm so absolutely sick of looking at my Cycle-Ops; once we get some warmth I think I may make a ritual sacrifice of it to appease the Gods of weather so that they do not do this to us again next year. It's a good thing I do not have my new bike in hand yet b/c I'd REALLY be going nuts were that the case.

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are all helping me decide that I'm not moving back north when I retire from USMC! I'm heading someplace where I can train year-round in fairly decent weather. I spend a week in New Hampshire last month and found the true meaning of "treadmill warrior", further compounded by the local Gold's gym's policy that you can't ride their spinning bikes unless you are in a class. They didn't want to hear anything about triathlons/cycling or the like. You guys up there have it bad this year.

On the positive side we haven't heard much from the global warming and drought doomsayers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rolled out of the office yesterday at about 4pm. 20 mile spin down the coast. It was a little chilly, about 60, had to wear the long sleeve jersey. Ran for an hour and a half Sunday on the trails around Rancho Sante Fe, shorts and t shirt. I grew up in New England and went to school at Syracuse University. It still amazes me that people who enjoy outdoor , non skiing activities, live in those climates. If your passion is cycling or Triathlon why limit it to a 6 month activity? The best part about living in San Diego I have discovered is that alot of the pressure to train when the weather is right is gone. If my wife and kids want to do something on a Saturday afternoon, I dont worry about missing my window to ride because it might rain the next day. Whenever I have time to ride, I can ride, no weather variable to worry about. When we lived in New England I spent mostly rainy days with the family so I could get my rides in while the sun shined. Actually Its miserable out here don't move, stay in Michigan and New York its too crowdwd here already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Here in Michigan we just got socked in with another snow storm. Pardon my vernacular, but this sucks donkey dick...

Cheers -- John
Quote Reply
A FIRST SNOW STORM - why has it started? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First Oly of the year this Saturday (UBC Triathlon here in Vancouver) - the forecast? our first snow flurries of the year. I know, I know - boo hoo. But damn, that is timing that sucks! Keeping my fingers crossed that the race goes on...

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey as a fellow Michigander I know how you feel. But at least we don't take the warm weather for granted. There's nothing like that first day you can run in just a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. The Canadian's probably laugh when they hear us complain about the weather. Sometimes I fantasize about living in a year round warm climate then I think about restarting my buisness and moving away from family and friends and I put the donkey back in the barn. So for now I will have fun running in the snow and enjoy being able to listen to tunes and being able to close my eyes while I'm riding. Norm
Quote Reply