Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not be surprised if they suspected the possibility of some shenanigans - What's the likelihood that he was just staring at his wife's bike over the transition fence at just the right time and his first reaction when seeing this would be to whip out the camera in time to catch it, rather than yell at her or something. It'd be over pretty fast.

That was my reaction too. It seems odd to be standing in the transition area, when your wife isn't around, and have a camera there and the time to take a photo while someone is deflating the tires. With so many bikes in transition, and him being probably a fair distance away, it would take a while to register that someone was actually touching his wife's bike.

It also sounded to me like they were anticipating something.

Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I would not be surprised if they suspected the possibility of some shenanigans - What's the likelihood that he was just staring at his wife's bike over the transition fence at just the right time and his first reaction when seeing this would be to whip out the camera in time to catch it, rather than yell at her or something. It'd be over pretty fast.

That was my reaction too. It seems odd to be standing in the transition area, when your wife isn't around, and have a camera there and the time to take a photo while someone is deflating the tires. With so many bikes in transition, and him being probably a fair distance away, it would take a while to register that someone was actually touching his wife's bike.

Is the competitor whose air was let out from the same area (St. Catherines) as Kristen? If not, why would they suspect the hanky panky? Or was the victim previously a victim, but if so how did she know Kristen was the previous culprit?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to set up a website aimed at empowering male cheats in triathlon.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:

Are you saying we need equal opportunity quotas of male and women cheaters in the KQ 40-44 groups?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:

Are you saying we need equal opportunity quotas of male and women cheaters in the KQ 40-44 groups?

I am secretly dumping syringes of 'rodeo bull drugs' into my wife while she sleeps. She's as hairy as F, snorts a lot and has a monumental temper but it's the only way to level the playing field.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

i think we're getting waaaaay out over our skis here. i know it's frustrating to feel a dearth of information, but there is nevertheless a dearth of information.

i know patience is not the currency of the internet, but we (meaning you all) have yet to hear from anyone. not the alleged perp, not the intended victim, not eyewitnesses, not the RD, nor the officials nor ironman.

we are trying to interview these folks. we have interviewed some of them. but not enough of them to draw conclusions. when we do, we'll write what we know. i would hope that's tomorrow. it depends on whether people talk to us or not, and how quickly, and with how many qualifications, asterisks and addendums.

when we know, you'll know.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

i think we're getting waaaaay out over our skis here. i know it's frustrating to feel a dearth of information, but there is nevertheless a dearth of information.

i know patience is not the currency of the internet, but we (meaning you all) have yet to hear from anyone. not the alleged perp, not the intended victim, not eyewitnesses, not the RD, nor the officials nor ironman.

we are trying to interview these folks. we have interviewed some of them. but not enough of them to draw conclusions. when we do, we'll write what we know. i would hope that's tomorrow. it depends on whether people talk to us or not, and how quickly, and with how many qualifications, asterisks and addendums.

when we know, you'll know.

On the "hard information front" what we do know is a Kristen Johnson from St. Catherines Ontario, Canada (same country as Ben Johnson), who raced in F40-44 at 70.3 Syracuse was officially DQ'd this weekend.

https://www.sportstats.ca/...d=45829&bib=1405

and the same person did finish 4th in Kona last year in 10:24 in F40-44 after qualifying second at LP 2016 in a stellar time of 10:26.

It is not known how many athletes in F40-44 in Kona had tire issues. Nor how many athletes in F40-44 at LP. All that is conjecture so we'll steer clear.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly. Not all Canadian AGers are scumbags. Jesus. This is bullshit behavior. Please at least ban for the WTC circuit.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Say no to conspiracy theories. Hopefully tomorrow in detail.

But no, no one was anticipating shenanigans

H
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well thank god, now you can focus your efforts on jail time.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diehl78 wrote:
No . She was saying how she felt everyone was passing her and she rode her watts , it was very unusual that she would ever even say that, Kristen put 18 mins on her on the bike. We discovered it at bike check out . Oh and she smashed Kristen yesterday.

Just wow. That is some seriously f'd up sh*t. A tire underinflated that much is also at greater risk of coming off the rim. What the hell is wrong with someone to ruin someone else's day like that? At first I thought the call for lifetime ban was a bit premature but now I'm on that bandwagon.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [BKyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BKyle wrote:
Well thank god, now you can focus your efforts on jail time.

I have been light hearted and joking around on this thread, but seriously this could easily be sabotaging a fellow athlete's equipment in a potentially life threatening manner. Yes flats happen, just like brakes fail on cars, but if you go in and alter the mechanical soundness of a vehicle, that's some seriously messed up stuff. I'm a bit more active on this type of thread because I really hold the sporting comportment of Kona qualifiers to a much higher standard, because they are holding something that the majority of other athletes covet in some way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
chriselam wrote:
Lay off the GOAT.

Are we calling Kristen Johson the GOAT? And here I thought we had Paula Newby Fraser, Michelle Jones, Chrissie Wellington and Natasha Badmann on the candidate list. How did she get to the front of the line? I gotta get on the phone with Paula to tell her she's been unseated from her title.

Tom Brady.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with you there, not that any cheating is cool, but potentially altering somebody's physical being through altered equipment takes it up a notch.. I'm just going to hold onto my pitchfork until we hear more in the coming days.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
On the "hard information front" what we do know is a Kristen Johnson from St. Catherines Ontario, Canada (same country as Ben Johnson), who raced in F40-44 at 70.3 Syracuse was officially DQ'd this weekend.

really? can you show me, screenshot or something, a link, anything that says she was DQd?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

really? can you show me, screenshot or something, a link, anything that says she was DQd?

http://www.ironman.com/...tail=1#axzz4kVSyCEqi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

http://m.ironman.com/...yracuse/results.aspx

Put in the word 'Johnson' in the search.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you. i *thought* i saw previously she was a DNS, not a DQ.

i believe we are investigating what this was for (whether it was a DNS or a DQ and if the latter what it specifically was for).

i just got done writing a month or so ago how ironman was the production standard by which all large races are judged. this is why i'm confident the folks responsible for the race will answer our reach-outs.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

When you click on this link that I pasted in this thread:

https://www.sportstats.ca/...d=45829&bib=1405

You get her DQ this weekend. It does not say for "what" and there is no mention of a deflategate in this sporstats link. It just says this woman has been DQ'd. If you then over on the magnifying glass symbol below here name on the box to the right all the sportstats results associated with the name Kristen Johnson comes up. There you will find the 2016 LP and Kona results for a Kristen Johnson from St. Catherines Ontario. All of this is public record.

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jun 19, 17 20:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of the IM LP course, on that downhill in the early part of the bike where there is a lake on the left with crappy sweeping road (unless they paved in in the past few years), how fast that is...should a tire be low it could be messy and possibly cause critical personal damage.
Has anyone heard or know of this gal has made her statement or an official statement as to what she was doing in the transition? What is HER side of the story?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
I'm thinking of the IM LP course, on that downhill in the early part of the bike where there is a lake on the left with crappy sweeping road (unless they paved in in the past few years), how fast that is...should a tire be low it could be messy and possibly cause critical personal damage.
Has anyone heard or know of this gal has made her statement or an official statement as to what she was doing in the transition? What is HER side of the story?

Forget about waiting till the Keene downhill. On an underinflated tire right out of T1 on that super steep downhill at IMLP with the first hard right turn (off the path onto the road) and then the next downhill with the hard left turn onto the main road, on either one of those high speed turns you could do some bad damage if you did not realize that your tire was underinflated and about to "roll". Ask Beloki from the first image about tire rolls.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

i believe we are investigating what this was for (whether it was a DNS or a DQ and if the latter what it specifically was for).

You did...they changed it from DNS to DQ at some point today.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:
Canadian Age Grouper Kristen Johnson (#1405) DQ'd for letting air out of competitor's rear tire just prior to the start of Syracuse 70.3. The incident occurred in transition just after the victim left her bike in transition to head to the swim start. Thankfully, this incident was witnessed and reported to race officials allowing the victim to have her tire reinflated prior to the start. Race officials investigated after the start and ultimately DQ'd Ms. Johnson. I can only imagine how many times Kristen Johnson has done this before without getting caught.

Goddamn Canadians!!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Diehl78 wrote:
No . She was saying how she felt everyone was passing her and she rode her watts , it was very unusual that she would ever even say that, Kristen put 18 mins on her on the bike. We discovered it at bike check out . Oh and she smashed Kristen yesterday.

Not defending this Kristen person, hope she gets a lifetime ban if guilty.
But looking at finisherpix of Ginny at LP 2016, her bike leg pics show what looks like fully inflated tires. If they were flat when you retrieved them afterwards, then maybe something else was up?

https://www.finisherpix.com/...0_022334#1320_022334

Lol yep they're fully inflated. Busted!!!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
Slowman wrote:

You did...they changed it from DNS to DQ at some point today.

I looked at the results yesterday morning and it showed a DQ (on IM site). Then at some point later on yesterday it changed to a DNS but I also saw alot of weird stuff with previous results (for everyone) at the same time. It didn't show any of my results from the races I have done this year. I assume IM was doing something with their database (update, upgrade, backup, etc... whatever) at this time which screwed with everyone's results regardless of DQ, DNS, DNF, finish time. Then it looks like IM finished with their work to the database and the results were back to what they were showing earlier..... DQ.

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next