Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

SBRcoffee wrote:
Diehl78 wrote:
No . She was saying how she felt everyone was passing her and she rode her watts , it was very unusual that she would ever even say that, Kristen put 18 mins on her on the bike. We discovered it at bike check out . Oh and she smashed Kristen yesterday.[/

I can tell you she rode her watts, she's methodical like that and should've been 5:40 range , she went 6:00. When we picked her bike up her tires were ridiculously low. We pumped them up and they held air the rest of the year. Never happened before and never happened again. That is what I know.

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

OK back to the thread. Even Lance didn't deflate Beloki's tires:

He just sent Vino on a wild goose chase down to Gap and had Beloki follow on that melting tarmac

Maybe she watched Breaking Away that weekend and got some ideas. Luckily, she didn't carry a pump with her too!

This is so weird to me (this story and all the stuff that happened to others. When I race anything, I'm always worried about me and my stuff...I've never really considered other people (except a couple times when people tried to jam in a spot that didn't exist and bumping other's equipment) and certainly never thought about messing with their stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [acfmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just checked, she does not seem to have a 70.3 Worlds slot.
Congrats on your win!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can we not ask if this kristen is the same as that kristen, and which kristen is which. i'd rather not catch up any more folks in this than are likely to be already caught up in it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough.

Apologies,

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
can we not ask if this kristen is the same as that kristen, and which kristen is which. i'd rather not catch up any more folks in this than are likely to be already caught up in it.

As long as there is clarity if this Slowman is that slowman. I am getting really confused on whether the capitalized one or the non cap one is the real deal. Which one is the prez of TBI anyway?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowman never capitalizes. slowman's handheld device intervenes and capitalizes his words tho under protest. that's not slowman. it's his device. blame his device.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
slowman never capitalizes. slowman's handheld device intervenes and capitalizes his words tho under protest. that's not slowman. it's his device. blame his device.

OK, just let that slowman know to get on with device that is messing with his identity (seems to be a case of online identity theft) and get on with the formal investigation.

Meanwhile Brady has confirmed that he's joining the ST deflategate party as he is no longer the sole owner of that label.

Can someone around here create a jpeg with deflated Turbo Cottons, Conti 4000's, Vittoria Corsa's maybe even a token Gatorskin to cover Andy Pott's favourite fast tire selection. Latex tubing could be thrown into the image for the full blown ST approval.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear Messick is on the phone with this guy asking for advice:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has there been any "other side to the story"? I am a cynical person with a dim view of the human race, but this seems a little too weird. Has to be more the story. Maybe she is [moderator deleted the rest of this sentence].
Last edited by: Slowman: Jun 19, 17 14:05
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
Has there been any "other side to the story"? I am a cynical person with a dim view of the human race, but this seems a little too weird. Has to be more the story. Maybe she is [moderator deleted the rest of this sentence].

This thread is actually more entertaining with parts redacted. Leaves things open to the imagination. Carry on!

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [shaggyrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shaggyrider wrote:
DBF wrote:

This thread is actually more entertaining with parts redacted. Leaves things open to the imagination. Carry on!

We'll get the other part of the story when Tom Brady gives the other part of the story. In the mean time, both Kirsten and Tom are awesome World Championship qualifiers (and Tom has actually won "just a few"). Now if we can just get the inside conversation between Messick and Goodale (don't laugh, Messick used to work for former NBA commissioner Stern so he's plugged into the club).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its funny that I was just flipping through Facebook and I saw that this story is on triathlete magazine online. But when you read the article it says from a slowtwitch forum post we have learned, and then they just said what has already been said here.

I don't think there has been any infraction like this that wasn't broken by the forum here, besides that guy that catches all the runners, and he does it for a living!!!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [dab628] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is good that there is evidence. Hopefully an example is made of the individual in question.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X 1,000,000

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
I keep seeing posts deleted. I understand removing posts questioning the mental health of the alleged perpetrator, but some others seem harmless (like the one asking if you will be reaching out to her). Any idea what is allowed and what isn't here?

when i remove a post i don't want on the thread, any replies to that post get deleted (and replies to replies). that's why seemingly inocuous posts get deleted.

what i don't want are pics of the alleged perp, i don't want pics of her team, her coach, her dog, her family, or anything else. we're looking at this, we've interviewed a number of people, we have a lot more to interview, and i'd rather you all walk a little on this rather than run full speed until everyone knows a little more.

one would hope ex team and coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lay off the GOAT.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if the victim was running Pigskin tires.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:
Lay off the GOAT.

Are we calling Kristen Johson the GOAT? And here I thought we had Paula Newby Fraser, Michelle Jones, Chrissie Wellington and Natasha Badmann on the candidate list. How did she get to the front of the line? I gotta get on the phone with Paula to tell her she's been unseated from her title.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This makes me wonder if that what happened to me at Boulder IM last week. My seat post dropped all the way down as soon as I sat on it after leaving T2. Had the bike fitted 3 years ago and have done many rides and races with no problem. It jammed down so hard I had a hell of a time getting the post un-jammed and back into position.

It really sad that there are actually people that would sabotage someone bike. Should be a lifetime ban!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [dab628] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dab628 wrote:
The woman's husband (whose tire had been let out) took pictures of her doing it. Luckily he was standing next to the transition area and alerted officials immediately after calling attention to it. It was in the last 10 minutes of transition being open, so I guess anything can happen!

Wow. This makes me absolutely sick to think of what would have happened had the husband NOT been there and seen this occur. I'm assuming she let the air out of someone's tire that she knew would be a threat to her winning/placing. So whoever this was could have had their day ruined!! So now you need a 'bike watcher/photographer' and a race helper!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, doesn't shock me, especially when I read that it was the husband of the victim who was ready with the camera to bust Ms. Johnson. I'll be interested to read the ST article which I assume will reveal the nexus between the two competitors involved.

I agree that a lifetime USAT ban is justified if the photographic evidence leaves no doubt as to who flattened the tire in transition.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jun 19, 17 16:31
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [KellyP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KellyP wrote:
I just checked, she does not seem to have a 70.3 Worlds slot.

I'm sure she'll find an Ultra to run somewhere.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Dev, doesn't shock me, especially when I read that it was the husband of the victim who was ready with the camera to bust Ms. Johnson. I'll be interested to read the ST article which I assume will reveal the nexus between the two competitors involved.

I agree that a lifetime USAT ban is justified if the photographic evidence leaves no doubt as to who flattened the tire in transition.

I would not be surprised if they suspected the possibility of some shenanigans - What's the likelihood that he was just staring at his wife's bike over the transition fence at just the right time and his first reaction when seeing this would be to whip out the camera in time to catch it, rather than yell at her or something. It'd be over pretty fast.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:

I fully support a lifetime ban from the sport for this action. There is no place in our sport for it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next