Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Ironfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is official I am going to start putting tamper tape over the opening to every critical component. *half joking*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No plausible excuse for that one. Brutal!

Would love to see cameras mounted in transition. They don't all even have to be real. Some real and some dummies should act as a more of a deterrent.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [lifejustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but then they go out and ACTUALLY participate in this kind of behavior.

Hope nobody is coming here to learn how to trash somebody else's race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironfan wrote:
Apparently it happens all over.

I had a friend racing IMCanada this weekend. When she grabbed her bike at T1 the rear tire was flat. She was being optimistic that it just blew up during the swim. (doubtful considering the cool weather). But then her power meter wasn't connecting, which was odd considering she calibrated right before leaving to go to the swim start. She was going to replace the battery, since she carries a spare just in case, but when she popped the battery compartment it was empty.

Somebody really didn't want her racing!

So after repairing a flat tire in T1, she started the ride, then after supposedly playing with her garmin/whatever, she pulled over to replace a battery in her power meter??
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Ironfan wrote:

I had a friend racing IMCanada this weekend. When she grabbed her bike at T1 the rear tire was flat. She was being optimistic that it just blew up during the swim. (doubtful considering the cool weather). But then her power meter wasn't connecting, which was odd considering she calibrated right before leaving to go to the swim start. She was going to replace the battery, since she carries a spare just in case, but when she popped the battery compartment it was empty.

So after repairing a flat tire in T1, she started the ride, then after supposedly playing with her garmin/whatever, she pulled over to replace a battery in her power meter??

Case of technology crippled athlete...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, she did it all in T1.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Monastero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monastero wrote:
I think Ms Johnson should have to be Ms Mongrain's butler.

The depth of this comment is greatly under-appreciated. But to many, it's about nothing. ;)

Green Klein hanging from the wall.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironfan wrote:

I'm (fairly) certain this happened to me at Oceanside earlier this year. I had two issues during the bike leg.

Issue #1: I noticed that I wasn't slowing down and heard a weird sound. Then, noticed that one of my front brake pads was gone.

Issue #2: After I noticed the brake pad was gone, my helmet strap came un-done. I don't remember if it felt loose before, but it must have not been threaded through the buckle much to have wiggled itself out.

Anyways, I just thought it was weird that two things happened to me that I've never experienced before.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Crispy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol....OK, lets not get too paranoid. Stuff happens. Do a better job at maintaining and checking all your gear. If someone wanted to mess with your bike, there are easier ways than loosening a brake pad holder and/or messing with your helmet strap........ :)
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [lifejustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lifejustice wrote:
... there are probably slow-twitchers here that read these damn threads and they see how much cheaters are hated....but then they go out and ACTUALLY participate in this kind of behavior.

It makes me really lose trust and respect, here.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Aug 1, 17 13:17
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [CharlesYTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CharlesYTri wrote:
but then they go out and ACTUALLY participate in this kind of behavior.

Hope nobody is coming here to learn how to trash somebody else's race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see the T1 time..
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Flagster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flagster wrote:

Same here. Unfortunately the IM results site does not list transition times in the overall results (in which it'd be easy to sort and look for outliers). You can only see the transition times by clicking on individual athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Flagster wrote:

Same here. Unfortunately the IM results site does not list transition times in the overall results (in which it'd be easy to sort and look for outliers). You can only see the transition times by clicking on individual athletes.

If it's who I think it is, ended up a DNF due to an ankle issue after all of that......

If it isn't then there are two people who realized their PM battery was taken in transition at IM Canada.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
... it's about nothing. ;)

Green Klein hanging from the wall.

OH! I get it!!

Quote Reply

Prev Next