9 speed shifter questionn - Tom D?
Quote | Reply
does shimano still make the 9-speed ultergra shifter (6500 series?) in 2005
- thanks

david
Quote Reply
Re: 9 speed shifter questionn - Tom D? [David Clinkard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure (actually doubt it) but earlier models are all over Ebay. Just bought DA 9speed yesterday.

"Race day is a celebration of your training"
Quote Reply
Re: 9 speed shifter questionn - Tom D? [japple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TSR may hook you up...or there is ebay...I doubt they are making them...this is Shimano after all.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: 9 speed shifter questionn - Tom D? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks,
i'm searching ebay, but everything is so freaking expensive - and they'res no stand alone right ones, the one set on ebay is listed as a 2005 9-speed ultegra.. sounds fishy.
i was hoping to just buy a set and send you a left over left shifter, but that doesn't seem possible now..
oh well, i'm still out untill i get the orthapod to determine if i need surgery (find out this week, if i don't need a pin put in, then i can get a waterproof cast and start running again).
-david
Quote Reply
Re: 9 speed shifter questionn - Tom D? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What would you need to change from 9sp to 10sp. Is it different derailliers and shifters or just chain/casette/chainrings?

I run 9sp 105 (with DA bar end shifters), and plan to move it all to a new frame (titanflex) but would like to save $1000 by not buying a new groupo this year. Do the same derailliers work with 10sp or do you have to change the entire setup?

Cheers,

Justin.
Quote Reply