Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

935xt quick release kit
Quote | Reply
Anybody using one of these? I used them previously on my 910 and 920. The one for the 935 seems bulkier and has different mechanism to attach watch face. Any feedback?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: 935xt quick release kit [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have it. It works great, worth the money. When I first saw all the pieces I thought no way I am wearing that but I don't think it is any worse than the 910. For a race I use all the pieces but I also bought the detachable bands so for a bike ride it is super easy to use. Just take the bands off and slip the watch onto the mount. You could do that for a race also if you were not too concerned about transition times. If you buy the bands pay the extra for the garmin bands. I bought a knockoff first and it unclipped every time I knocked the watch. I have never had an issue with the garmin bands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the previous two qr kits. I like this one the most. Not bulky, but lower profile and very secure on the bike and the wrist

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually don’t care for 935xt release kit. It is bulkier than 910xt kit and seems more flimsy. It seems that if you were to get whacked in the arm while swimming the watch would detach fairly easy. I also had one of the screws get undone once.

That being said I had no major issues in the last 6 months, so it does what it’s supposed to do. Plus, if you have 935xt, it’s not like there are many quickrelease options out there, so if you want to use it as a bike computer - you are kind of stuck with it.

I do miss however 910xt quickrelease - that thing was bulletproof.
Quote Reply
Re: 935xt quick release kit [Sullbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't wanna hijack the thread but one day I'll upgrade to the 935. Does the QR prevent the native optical HR from working correctly?
Quote Reply
Re: 935xt quick release kit [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't appear to make any difference. Wrist HR is still pretty crap (for me anyway) at anything other than light activity.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 935xt quick release kit [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you use the bike mount yes. I use my HR strap on the bike. Not when you use the QR on your wrist.
Quote Reply