Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

90 degrees fahrenheit race.. longsleeve or shortsleeve?
Quote | Reply
So I'm racing this weekend and am stuck choosing which racesuit I'll be racing in. Never raced in my longsleeve before so a bit hesitant because it will be extremely hot.. 90 fahrenheit or 33 celcius.
Quote Reply
Re: 90 degrees fahrenheit race.. longsleeve or shortsleeve? [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Short sleeved....
Quote Reply
Re: 90 degrees fahrenheit race.. longsleeve or shortsleeve? [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:
So I'm racing this weekend and am stuck choosing which racesuit I'll be racing in. Never raced in my longsleeve before so a bit hesitant because it will be extremely hot.. 90 fahrenheit or 33 celcius.

What do they wear at Kona......?! (rhetorical question.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long sleeve and stay wet. It will be cooler than no sleeves plus no sunburn. When you pass an aid station dump 2-3 cups of water on you and take a cup of ice with you.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh, I hate the summer. Shirtless, on the couch with your favorite beer. That's your best option.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: 90 degrees fahrenheit race.. longsleeve or shortsleeve? [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
Ugh, I hate the summer. Shirtless, on the couch with your favorite beer. That's your best option.

That's the correct answer

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:

1. Where are you racing? (Need to figure out the Solar Insolation)
2. What is the forecasted humidity and cloud coverage?
3. What is the cloud coverage?
4. Which long sleeve suit?

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just did whistler and yeah, answer (for me) depends on humidity and material in sleeve. Used de Soto cooling sleeves pulled down to wrists early then pulled up as the heat came on
Quote Reply
Re: 90 degrees fahrenheit race.. longsleeve or shortsleeve? [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:
Fusion wrote:

1. Where are you racing? (Need to figure out the Solar Insolation)
2. What is the forecasted humidity and cloud coverage?
3. What is the cloud coverage?
4. Which long sleeve suit?

1. Belgium
2. Clear sky 46% humidity
3. Decca trisuit (https://decca.cc/...hlon-trisuit-sleeved)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What type of race??
Quote Reply
Re: 90 degrees fahrenheit race.. longsleeve or shortsleeve? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
What type of race??

70.3, 1000m vert on bike and 300m on run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may be a stupid question but do you mean sleeveless and short sleeve (Ie to elbow) or actually short sleeve and long sleeve (ie to wrist) as your choices?
Quote Reply
Re: 90 degrees fahrenheit race.. longsleeve or shortsleeve? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
This may be a stupid question but do you mean sleeveless and short sleeve (Ie to elbow) or actually short sleeve and long sleeve (ie to wrist) as your choices?

Sleeveless and sleeve to elbow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

I was thinking the same thing

Wow long sleeve suit wow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toss up; sleeved will be a little hotter but sun protection and IF you can keep them wet, may provide more cooling.
Quote Reply
Re: 90 degrees fahrenheit race.. longsleeve or shortsleeve? [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
Long sleeve and stay wet. It will be cooler than no sleeves plus no sunburn. When you pass an aid station dump 2-3 cups of water on you and take a cup of ice with you.

+1

And.. my coach always tells me to bring ziploc bags.. aid station, fill that bag w/ ice.. keep them on your chest/under your hat/crotch.. wherever needed...
Last edited by: johanandie: Aug 3, 18 11:53
Quote Reply