Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
9 days till Ironman Maryland how is your training going?
Quote | Reply
With eight weeks to go I'm feeling a little behind the 8-ball. A couple weeks ago I was running well ahead of schedule but made a stupid mistake and skipped some rest days ended up with a nasty head cold. Now I feel a little behind and haven't been hitting my numbers.. how are the rest of you guys doing
Last edited by: Fishbum: Sep 20, 18 17:17
Quote Reply
Re: 8 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think desert dude is trying to kill me. But if I can make it to the start line healthy I figure I'm going to have a hell of a race.
Quote Reply
Re: 8 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How big are your long work out each week
Quote Reply
Re: 8 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no bricks at the moment. long ride has been 4.5-5 hrs with intervals, long run up to 2:15 last week. it's just the overall load, everyday is almost 3hrs it seems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and trust the process, your fitness hasn't gone anywhere. don't do any cramming trying to come back from the illness too fast. i know that story all too well and it always has a bad ending.
Quote Reply
Re: 8 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely not cramming workouts it's just being sick kind of messed with my psyche from the standpoint of missing a long run into long rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This week was a big one (Chatt training, close enough). Curious how that aligns with other people's peak workload timing.

Sunday was just under 5.5 hours on the bike for 116 miles then 8 miles on the road in ~55 minutes to finish the brick. Sat was a medium run (12 miles) and a 4x1k swim.

I can only do this a few times per run up, I thinking I'd go mental before I physically broke down. Gets tough losing whole weekends. Gotta remember this is a choice that I "enjoy" every now and then during the dark spots.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: 8 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shit!!!! That makes me feel way behind.
Quote Reply
Re: 8 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
This week was a big one (Chatt training, close enough). Curious how that aligns with other people's peak workload timing.

Sunday was just under 5.5 hours on the bike for 116 miles then 8 miles on the road in ~55 minutes to finish the brick. Sat was a medium run (12 miles) and a 4x1k swim.

I can only do this a few times per run up, I thinking I'd go mental before I physically broke down. Gets tough losing whole weekends. Gotta remember this is a choice that I "enjoy" every now and then during the dark spots.

Nice pace on the run, sub 7 min miles. What’s your goal race pace?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: 8 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
MrRabbit wrote:

Nice pace on the run, sub 7 min miles. What’s your goal race pace?

Thanks! It was a bit out of the blue because the prior week I fell apart on run of a 110+7 brick. Hope the recent one was the real one.

If I was going to IMMD I'd be gunning for a sub-3 run but it looks like IM Chatt is way tougher. I'm still trying to get a guage of just how much tougher.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinda in your boat. Got a small nagging foot/ankle injury about 3 weeks ago. Week 1 I just dropped mileage but that didn't help (didn't make it worse either though), week 2 was completely off, and week 3 was 3 super easy short runs. I ran today and could still feel something there but it hasn't gotten worse whether I was running or not so I'm planning on getting a full set of runs in this week and see how things go. I feel like I'm behind because of the running but I did get some better than normal bike rides in so that's a plus.

Add insult to injury I also crashed today on the bike. Luckily only minor scrapes and damage on the bike and just some road rash on the body. Will have to use the roadie for the next week since my right forearm seemed to have taken most of the fall so aero position could be painful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You and I are close. 4200 yard swim Fri. 5 hour trainer ride Sat. 14 miles running Sun. I didn't brick this week, but ran 7 off a 2 hour trainer session at 81% intensity last Sun.

How many more 5+ hour rides and bricks are you planning?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The week before getting sick I got together with a couple other slowtwitch errs who are doing Maryland and we did a 50-mile ride to a 10 mile run in some brutal Heat since then I have not done any large bricks I'm hoping for a four to four and a half hour ride this Saturday with a short run after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First 10 weeks, scheduled called for 21 hours of swim, 50 hours of bike, 38 hours of run.

I am sitting at 20, 57, 38.

8 weeks to go. I'm thinking I can hit all of my bike and run numbers. My swim numbers may drop off a bit as a I burned through a lot of leave at work these past 10 weeks for trips to the pool.

Edit: my only long brick so far has been with you

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Last edited by: bluestacks867: Aug 7, 18 5:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard a hurricane is heading that way.....
Quote Reply
Re: 8 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"DesertDudes plan has my crying into my pillow at night"

Actually was lacking on the motivation for about 2 weeks but am feeling very fit from his plan!

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the span of 1 week I twisted an ankle and then tore a muscle in my calf. Doctor says no running for another 3-4 weeks. Trying to water run to keep some semblance of fitness. I'll be there, but not fast.

Although, my last time racing Maryland.... water running would have helped. :)
Quote Reply
Re: 5 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 weeks... How's it going guys/gals
Quote Reply
Re: 5 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Foot is healing up! Slowly building my running miles back and hoping to get 40 miles in this week. After that I may try to bump up to 45-50 but may keep to around 40 and add in some 10-15 mile runs or maybe some tempo work. Not sure what would be best though.

I've gotten a few 80 mile rides in and I went down to the race course a couple weeks ago for one of the supported rides and did 90. Been happy with my riding progression.

How are things going for you?
Quote Reply
Re: 5 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alot of little crap creeping up. Had some really strong work outs 2 weeks ago but this last week was awful. Nothing in the tank and bailed mid work out Mon/ wed. Tendinitis in my foot so I dropped my miles last week but hope to crank it back. Long rides only around 75 but swimming is coming around. The highs are high and the lows are awful. What day are you heading down Thursday or Friday?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea that sucks! I've been through that before just up and down and up and down. If you can get into a little groove in the next couple weeks it definitely should help with some confidence and a little fitness boost.

I'm probably going to check-in on Wednesday and then do the bike check-in Friday (I should have opted into the bib mailing but oh well). I live in Baltimore so I'll make the drive down on race morning. I've done it 3-4 times for Eagleman and haven't had any problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After getting sick in the first half of July, I've managed to put together a damn near perfect 6 week stretch. Lowest volume week during that time was 19.5 hrs. Not every session has been perfect, but no setbacks and have been able to bounce back after killer weekends.

Sunday I had long ride with 5x15' intervals and it was hot AF. I overheated and took a DSN after finishing the intervals before limping to a gas station to cool off. I was wondering how I was going to make it home (an hour away). Somehow managed to recover and actually rode pretty strong at ~IM watts last 30 min.

Have 2.75 hour run on the schedule for Thursday, hope it goes better than last long run where I underestimated the heat factor.

Oh, also have an unexpected trip to Scotland for work starting Saturday. Not sure if I'll be able to do more than spin bike sessions, but should be able to swim and run a lot while there. Can't wait to run in some cooler temps!
Quote Reply
Re: 3.5 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple weeks we'll be doing roll call.
I'm a little behind but still feeling pretty good.
Couple more big rides and mid distance runs for me.

How are you guys fairing
Quote Reply
Re: 3.5 weeks till Ironman Maryland how is your training going? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everything is still going good. Had a great 22 miler last Thursday then good 112 miler Saturday before traveling to the UK. I ended up bringing my bike and portable trainer with me, so won’t miss out on much bike volume this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rode the course Sunday and Monday. Some flooding out on the backside of the loop but other than that all good. Hoping it isn’t quite as hot/humid on race day but it is what it is I guess.

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next