Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

7x9 Oval Rails compatibility for older Litespeed 2-bolt saddle clamps?
Quote | Reply
As for installing a new Fizik Transiro Mistica Carbon size Large with 7x9 mm ovalized carbon rails onto my 2006 Litespeed Saber, what do you think? (My very qualified LBS mechanic is a little wary...) The original RealDesign Seatpost/Clamp is a TWIN-BOLT design. The REAR BOLT is hex-wrench accessible from the bottom and threads up into the round clamp that sits horizontally but engages the saddle rails from top/bottom. Now, the FRONT BOLT is not accessible from the bottom but only adjusts the saddle tilt by finger spinning the bolt (which also sits in the middle of the round, front clamp) from below the saddle and above the rails.

From the Fizik website:
FAQ:
Q: Is my seatpost compatible with your carbon braided rail saddles?

A: Most seatposts currently on the market are compatible with our 7x9mm carbon rails. As a guide: all those fixing the saddle from the top to the bottom. (But the ones that are not compatible, are typically the types that fix the saddle from the sides.)

There are 5 types of seatpost clamps represented:

Type A: Single Bolt Top-to-Bottom clamp
Type B: Twin Bolt (Front/Rear) Top-to-Bottom clamp
Type C: Twin Bolt (Right/Left) Top-to-Bottom clamp
Type D: Side-to-Side clamp (single bolt)
Type E: Hinged Rotational Clamp

Type A, B & C are typically COMPATIBLE with 7x9mm saddle rails.

To me, that still sounds the most like how Fizik defines a Type B clamp, and therefore compatible with the new saddle. What do you think?
Quote Reply
Re: 7x9 Oval Rails compatibility for older Litespeed 2-bolt saddle clamps? [markvoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try it and find out.
Quote Reply