Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [BonusTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BonusTri wrote:
Sorry dude, I'm calling bull shit. People that make 300K a year don't brag about it #1. And, #2 bull shit is companies don't want to pay employees over $250 a year because of the Alt Min tax. They don't want 40% over $250 going to the Government.

You're a douche bag.

Give you a hint as to whether or not I'm bullshitting...the Alternative Minimum tax is a problem for the employee, not the company. I wonder how I'd know that?
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As with the rest of the thread, lot's of insults and name-calling but no answers to my questions:

Exactly why else should I care?

What do they do for the sport that impacts Joe-Age-Grouper?

If there was no such thing as a pro, would these races stop?

Would the courses be not as good?

Tell me why I should worry about their income and expenses.

Cue the silence.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:

I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. All I caught was that you need extra time above and beyond the 2:20 swim cutoff. Will you please say that again?

Haha. Got him!

Yep. He got me. No respect for a struggling age grouper because we must worship and fund the pros!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Yep. He got me. No respect for a struggling age grouper because we must worship and fund the pros!

Definitely no respect for one who uses his salary in defense for not being able to swim. Sounds like you should take a vacation for a training camp (or 5). Surely you can afford it making that much $.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really? If you work with elite athletes, how can you approve of the scraps Pro-Triathletes make from their racing? If you really see on a day to day basis the blood, sweat and tears they shed how can making the scraps they make for a podium finish sit well with you?

A true athlete would cringe when they found out what pro triathlete win. It's awful.

But, at this time, it's what The Man can get away with paying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First of all, FYI I'm an AG'er.

Second, the reason I have an interest is I know a few pro triathletes here in Austin who are really good people. One of the guys had to quit racing because he couldn't make enough to support his family anymore. How's that make you feel, like the moron you truly are?

Third, WTC will net 45 MILLION DOLLARS this year. Yep, all I care about is the pro's.

Fourth, shall we continue? You will lose, you're well over matched.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contrary to your statement, the AMT applies to corporations as well as individuals. 26 U.S. Code § 55 - Alternative minimum tax imposed

(b) Tentative minimum tax
For purposes of this part—
[/url](1) Amount of tentative tax
[/url](A) Noncorporate taxpayers
[/url](i)In generalIn the case of a taxpayer other than a corporation, the tentative minimum tax for the taxable year is the sum of—
[/url](I)26 percent of so much of the taxable excess as does not exceed $175,000, plus
[/url](II)28 percent of so much of the taxable excess as exceeds $175,000.
The amount determined under the preceding sentence shall be reduced by the alternative minimum tax foreign tax credit for the taxable year.
[/url](ii)Taxable excessFor purposes of this subsection, the term “taxable excess” means so much of the alternative minimum taxable income for the taxable year as exceeds the exemption amount.
[/url](iii)Married individual filing separate returnIn the case of a married individual filing a separate return, clause (i) shall be applied by substituting 50 percent of the dollar amount otherwise applicable under subclause (I) and subclause (II) thereof. For purposes of the preceding sentence, marital status shall be determined under section 7703.
[/url](B) Corporations
In the case of a corporation, the tentative minimum tax for the taxable year is—
[/url](i)20 percent of so much of the alternative minimum taxable income for the taxable year as exceeds the exemption amount, reduced by
[/url](ii)the alternative minimum tax foreign tax credit for the taxable year.

Sorry for the tax code.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
BonusTri wrote:
This is America and a consensus isn't needed to make something happen.

You were never an athlete were you? Non-athletes stick out like sore thumbs, they have no understanding for the heart of an athlete or a cause with heart.

These guys are simply bonding together to make a point and to try and help a group of athletes that give their heart and soul everyday to a sport they love.

How can you not support that?

Not an athlete here...just a national champion soccer player is all...and a coach to other national champions...and an evaluator for our national talent pool to decide who gets to follow their dream to be a professional soccer player and who doesn't. You're right. I don't understand the heart of an athlete.

I assume you think I'm not one because I don't swim fast? Swimming is what I do to cool down after I have actually played a sport and exercised. That, and I started swimming two years ago.

BTW, while holding down a 60-hour-per-week full-time job, us non-pros also find a way to give our heart and soul to the sport, too. Just because we don't podium doesn't mean we don't have heart or goals. It takes as much or more effort for us to complete a long course.

What's most telling was your immediate response to look down on somebody who you perceived is not an athlete. That's the difference between you and me...I care about the pros AND the other 2490 people (non athletes as you say) in the race, while you just care about the pros.

Soccer player?!?!? He said athlete D Bag! Oh, and using your income as an excuse for your swimming is even more lame than being a soccer player.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
We will abide by the official results. Also, if I hear of any bullshit deals being cut like they do in cycling, I will go ballistic. The race for 7th must be untainted.

Are you sure you're not TheRealBikeSnobNYC?

BTW - I'm in.

Later!

Brian

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I will offer $100 in free merch. to anyone who can identify this blowhard.

Quote | Reply
You are essentially sayin, who cares about the pros? Which would imply you don't. Then you say-

The kids 2K race on Saturday was the highlight for me. Tim O’Donnell was there and led the kids through the race. He was great and really seemed into it. He posed for many pictures. Seemed like a real decent guy. Steve Delmonte was also there "encouraging" the kids as only he can by yelling at them in a truly loving way! Hilarious! "Of course it hurts!" Great atmosphere all around. -in a previous thread.

Huh? So you do like them?

I could be completely misunderstanding you, but please, be consistent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
As with the rest of the thread, lot's of insults and name-calling but no answers to my questions:

#1. You don't have to care, get lost.

#2. They impact, help and inspire thousands of AG'ers everyday. I remember my 2nd 70.3 on course watching Mirinda run like a women possessed and loving it/inspiring me. I love seeing Crowie and Macca race, Pete Jacobs crush it, Leanna Cave finally win, Williamson's running a 2:54 in Texas heat all making the seemingly impossible possible? This is great theatre.

#3. At first no, you got me. Eventually, Ironman would go away and be sold. Mark my words.

#4. No, the course would be fine until AG'ers get sick of paying large entry fees, then the venues quality decreases.

#5. Because there are Mothers and Fathers and people like us that CAN'T make a living for their families doing what they love. It's all about heart, do you not have one?

Cue the silence.

#6 WTC. Silence of 45 million is revenue for 2014. Really? What's wrong with you? How's that silence?
Last edited by: BonusTri: Jul 14, 14 18:18
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TriathlonKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonKid wrote:
You are essentially sayin, who cares about the pros? Which would imply you don't. Then you say-

The kids 2K race on Saturday was the highlight for me. Tim O’Donnell was there and led the kids through the race. He was great and really seemed into it. He posed for many pictures. Seemed like a real decent guy. Steve Delmonte was also there "encouraging" the kids as only he can by yelling at them in a truly loving way! Hilarious! "Of course it hurts!" Great atmosphere all around. -in a previous thread.

Huh? So you do like them?

I could be completely misunderstanding you, but please, be consistent.

Don't tell anyone but between you and me, I have great admiration for the pros and think the purses should be bigger...not because WTC makes a zillion dollars but because what those people do is amazing. But, if I said that, how would I get people to call me a douche bag?
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [BonusTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BonusTri wrote:
DJRed wrote:

#1. You don't have to care, get lost.

#2. They impact, help and inspire thousands of AG'ers everyday. I remember my 2nd 70.3 on course watching Mirinda run like a women possessed and loving it/inspiring me. I love seeing Crowie and Macca race, Pete Jacobs crush it, Leanna Cave finally win, Williamson's running a 2:54 in Texas heat all making the seemingly impossible possible? This is great theatre.

#3. At first no, you got me. Eventually, Ironman would go away and be sold. Mark my words.

#4. No, the course would be fine until AG'ers get sick of paying large entry fees, then the venues quality decreases.

#5. Because there are Mothers and Fathers and people like us that CAN'T make a living for their families doing what they love. It's all about heart, do you not have one?

Cue the silence.

#6 WTC. Silence of 45 million is revenue for 2014. Really? What's wrong with you? How's that silence?

#2 is spot on. Well done.

#5 is halfway there but we all can't make a living doing what we love. I wanted to be a professional musician. Turns out, there's not much money in that so I went to Plan B.

#6 is unfortunately irrelevant. The golden rule: those with the gold make the rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
how would I get people to call me a douche bag?

The possibilities are endless.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:

WE HAVE ALREADY RAISED $275 FOR THE 7TH PLACE FINISHERS OF IRONMAN LAKE PLACID. IN A SEPARATE AWARDS CEREMONY, WE WILL GIVE THEM A GIANT CHECK AND A KICK ASS TROPHY.

HERE ARE THE DETAILS. http://www.gofundme.com/bdsgjs

#ROCKTHECOCK
#COCKSTRONG

Just because you have a website doesn't elevate what you are doing. I think the appropriate term is "panhandling"

Instead of getting a real job you want to be a professional hobbyist and expect some corporation to pay for it. You are one step above being a banker.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
Just because you have a website doesn't elevate what you are doing. I think the appropriate term is "panhandling"

Speaking of websites, I love your MySpace profile. Tell everyone in 2005 I said hello.

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
BonusTri wrote:
Sorry dude, I'm calling bull shit. People that make 300K a year don't brag about it #1. And, #2 bull shit is companies don't want to pay employees over $250 a year because of the Alt Min tax. They don't want 40% over $250 going to the Government.

You're a douche bag.

I agree and I will offer $100 in free merch. to anyone who can identify this blowhard.

nedbraden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, yeah, like the guy with the 6,000 suit is going to donate to therealstarky. Come on!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have time to further humiliate you, so I'm going to let you do all of the heavy lifting. These are a few of your quotes from this thread. Let's call it a quote collage. Enjoy.

"I'd normally continue just reading in silence but once their arrogance in responses exceeded their stupidity, I felt the need to step in and save the world.

"Nobody cares about the pros except the idiots who you've separated from their money."

"I care about the pros AND the other 2490 people"

"I say good luck to you. Just remember, there are no stupid ideas, just stupid people."

"As with the rest of the thread, lot's of insults and name-calling"

"What's most telling was your immediate response to look down on somebody"

"The problem I have is swimming with all that cash in my pockets from my $300K a year job."

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
DJRed wrote:
how would I get people to call me a douche bag?

The possibilities are endless.

As Slider from Top Gun would say, "So's my Johnson".

Good luck in your quest. I'm going back to talking aero position and wheel sets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd visit a swimming related thread if I were you.

Website
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:

WE HAVE ALREADY RAISED $275 FOR THE 7TH PLACE FINISHERS OF IRONMAN LAKE PLACID. IN A SEPARATE AWARDS CEREMONY, WE WILL GIVE THEM A GIANT CHECK AND A KICK ASS TROPHY.

HERE ARE THE DETAILS. http://www.gofundme.com/bdsgjs

#ROCKTHECOCK
#COCKSTRONG

Instead of getting a real job you want to be a professional hobbyist and expect some corporation to pay for it. You are one step above being a banker.

Hey, lets not get personal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mmmmm
1. $300k/ year is min wages in "national' level soccer so I'm thinking you're probably a cleaner or water carrier

2. I think it's actually referred to as 'football' by those involved and 'soccer' by boorish fans of other sports (oh, and cleaners, water boys etc)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have every reason to consider Mr. TRS to be nothing but a DB in need of an attitude adjustment but, as much as it pains me me to admit, this is some funny shit and I no longer wish a painful venereal disease on him.
Gonna have to toss a little cake in the pot just to see what happens.
Well played, sir.
Quote Reply

Prev Next