Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
Pretty cute that gluten tolerant thing. As a father of a child with celiac disease who gets to see what her life is like living around people like you, I really would like to introduce you to her so you can tell her how funny your little joke is. Yeah. That's really cool.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter no one wants to see their children suffer, however, don't you get the sarcasm with the flood of gluten free products yet only 1% of the population suffers from it.

http://www.celiaccentral.org/...e/facts-and-figures/

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I long for the days when beer companies once again sponsor endurance events. I'd sign up in a second, provided I get an unlimited supply of said libations post race
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In for $10, and a bump^

Support the pros and eat your gluten!
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think by the time Lake Placid rolls around we might see 7 professionals waiting at the finish line to cross to collect what I am sure will be a bigger purse than first place
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.
Will enjoy watching the pictures.
Great initiative.

Only fools never change their minds and I'll never change my mind about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First thing's first, the Real Starky is the realest.

I quote an Australian rapper because the realness and awesomeness is too much to convey with my puny vocabulary.

------
David Roche
"The Happy Runner" book: https://www.amazon.com/...Longer/dp/1492567647
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [yorkcb7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yorkcb7 wrote:
I think by the time Lake Placid rolls around we might see 7 professionals waiting at the finish line to cross to collect what I am sure will be a bigger purse than first place

I can't imagine that was EVER the intention of the fundraising...

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well the intent was to get more money for 7th place over 6th place just from the goal amount they wanted. I hope they keep getting more. Donation done.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's the water temp in mirror lake? do you think it'll be wetsuit legal?
Last edited by: ghostrocket: Jul 12, 14 19:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump and link to the donation page. http://www.gofundme.com/bdsgjs

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't pros who can get 7th & not paid by WTC race Challenge events, jump the shark a few spots with watered down pro fields and get paid more than winner at LP by finishing 5th, or 3rd or win all together & get paid substantially more?

As Clinton said "it's arithmetic"

Apparently many pros are as stupid as us age groupers.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kona points bro
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
Pretty cute that gluten tolerant thing. As a father of a child with celiac disease who gets to see what her life is like living around people like you, I really would like to introduce you to her so you can tell her how funny your little joke is. Yeah. That's really cool.

Glutard.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Herbie Handcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the point is to pay someone and shame WTC into raising purse sizes. Now I only picked up on the because I read the link and thread. Maybe you could give it a try?
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Insert a little pink font. My bad for not making it clear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:

Nailed it.

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [yorkcb7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yorkcb7 wrote:
Insert a little pink font. My bad for not making it clear

ditto. :)

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it when one of us comes up with a great idea AND puts some follow-up effort into it. I assume that the money is shared between men & women but I didn't see anything on the site.

Anyway, donation made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't we just bypass all the fundraising and just give the pros money from WTC? In fact, let's not even make them race. After all, they are pros and they do for a living what the rest of us do for fun. Seriously, they are the sport, right? I mean without the pros, there'd be like only 2490 people in a given race instead of 2500. Then the rest of us would be left arguing over who gets the best spots for transition and which age-group wave gets in the water first. They really are doing the rest of us a favor by competing.

My unemployed friend with a useless degree in Fine Arts thinks fundraising somebody else's life choice is a stupid idea.

My idea, on the other hand, is to sell wristbands to bring attention to the poor-pro-triathlete cause. I'll be selling them at IMLP so be on the lookout for me. I recommend you buy more than one and be sure to wear them on the bike (that way, you'll be less aero than me and I'll have a shot at that 7th place prize.) If I win it, though, be prepared. I'm going to donate the winnings back to WTC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In.
And bump to the top.

Twitter: @blues2play
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
Why don't pros who can get 7th & not paid by WTC race Challenge events, jump the shark a few spots with watered down pro fields and get paid more than winner at LP by finishing 5th, or 3rd or win all together & get paid substantially more?

Challenge Atlantic City paid 10 deep, 4 females finished the race. Lifetime Minneapolis paid 6 deep and again only 7 females were in that race, I think about 10 for the men. The series has a 50,000 BONUS as well, yet hardly any pros race with them.

WTC is a corporation, not an association, they are not here to provide for the pros, they are here to do business, Professional triathletes keep on forgetting this and not realizing it. Then there is the value component, you are paid what you are worth. Rev 3 found more value in pros and many pros did not find value in more prize purses w/o Kona points. Listen to Messick and Charlie's interviews this spring. Andrew is a smart man, this "movement" will do nothing at all, in fact he is probably watching thinking great, they will take it on themselves to pay the pros.

So what happens when that male or female in sixth pulls up to take 7th for more money. Don't triathletes do this sport for the love of competition and not money? Think we might have built a scenario where we see them once again talk with their feet and not their mouths.
Last edited by: bcagle25: Jul 13, 14 9:43
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what happens when a Pro Triathlete can't do what they love because they can't pay their bills? This could be deemed a bit of a deterrent for future athletes, no?

The far right answer is they have to quit, but is that what Ironman wants to be about?
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [BonusTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BonusTri wrote:
So what happens when a Pro Triathlete can't do what they love because they can't pay their bills? This could be deemed a bit of a deterrent for future athletes, no?

The far right answer is they have to quit, but is that what Ironman wants to be about?

Basing your main income of prize money is stupid. Many professional triathletes do just fine because they realize that they have to have supplemental income as well. They realize that their value is extended outside of prize money and they can use that in other avenues to make an income.

And don't give me this can't work because I train so much BS, many other sports have the same situation and those athletes are willing to work outside of their training.

Where I live all but one of the local pros 5-6 total work other jobs either in the sport, outside the sport, or have a couple "odd" jobs to make it work. Non of them work off prize purses and are all very successful, including Ironman winners.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcagle25 wrote:
rhys wrote:

Challenge Atlantic City paid 10 deep, 4 females finished the race. Lifetime Minneapolis paid 6 deep and again only 7 females were in that race, I think about 10 for the men. The series has a 50,000 BONUS as well, yet hardly any pros race with them.

WTC is a corporation, not an association, they are not here to provide for the pros, they are here to do business, Professional triathletes keep on forgetting this and not realizing it. Then there is the value component, you are paid what you are worth. Rev 3 found more value in pros and many pros did not find value in more prize purses w/o Kona points. Listen to Messick and Charlie's interviews this spring. Andrew is a smart man, this "movement" will do nothing at all, in fact he is probably watching thinking great, they will take it on themselves to pay the pros.

So what happens when that male or female in sixth pulls up to take 7th for more money. Don't triathletes do this sport for the love of competition and not money? Think we might have built a scenario where we see them once again talk with their feet and not their mouths.

Do you ever wonder why no one likes you? It's probably a combination of things: you're boring, you're stupid, and you take yourself way too seriously.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply

Prev Next