Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
Funny. Donated to see how this unfolds. Also, fell out of my chair when I saw the "cheater" t-shirt for sale on your website.

Do you mean this tee-shirt? The one available for a limited time only on http://www.therealstarky.com ?

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a bump to help get this prize money to at least $6k. Come on guys, just $10 and you can be part of history!! Just make sure the word gets out to the pros that may not be part of our community. This is going to be real hard to ignore if you are 3rd to 8th. I know what i would do, hide in the bushes and count down to that 7th place. Real problem is going to come in if there are 3 or 4 or even 5 all vying for that coveted 7th place money, which looks to be more than 2nd.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Just a bump to help get this prize money to at least $6k. Come on guys, just $10 and you can be part of history!! Just make sure the word gets out to the pros that may not be part of our community. This is going to be real hard to ignore if you are 3rd to 8th. I know what i would do, hide in the bushes and count down to that 7th place. Real problem is going to come in if there are 3 or 4 or even 5 all vying for that coveted 7th place money, which looks to be more than 2nd.

What happens when they miscount and come in 6th or 8th? I suppose the guy who comes in 8th could turn in the 3rd place guy for an illegal helmet so he could move up a spot.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just dropped $25 in the bucket. I expect someone to be taking video at the finish as several pros stand around looking at each other and/or shove each other across the line trying not to be 4th or 5th...or 6th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Such a great t-shirt that nobody outside of about 500 people in the world understand.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlwaysCurious wrote:
vmac wrote:
earthling wrote:
vmac wrote:
The one thing that would move this to epic proportions would be to have Lance make a matching donation right before TRS closes the fund....
...successfully brought Lance into thread. Nice.

Its only successful if somebody picks up on it and starts to reply giving the story momentum. Oh wait a minute........

#MATCHSTRONG

Trying to get TRS to catch on...I think he thinks its stupid, thus no reply.

That's okay, I thrive on stupidity.

I think Lance might be the one who vandalized the sign; it wasn't just the sitting down that slowed his transition times.

I hope this satisfies your needs and I look forward to all of your heads exploding.

https://twitter.com/...s/492697057363120128

Website
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some dude calling himself Lance Armstrong just put in $549 to bring the total to $6k.

If this was really LA, nice FU to WTC.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure looks that way.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Sure looks that way.

I can confirm that it was actually the Lance Armstrong. He re-tweeted the message above to his 3.8 million followers.

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does lance get a gluten bracelet?
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, what a glorious Friday!

PS: The 7th place winner needs to donate $549 to usada to purchase blood testing equipment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He just earned back ($549/$Multi-millions) of good will.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FTW

TheRealStarky wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Sure looks that way.

I can confirm that it was actually the Lance Armstrong. He re-tweeted the message above to his 3.8 million followers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Sure looks that way.

Awesome! He might as well spend the money on a good cause before the federal government takes it away!

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too cool, way to go kid. Now time to take this sucker past the first place money!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Too cool, way to go kid. Now time to take this sucker past the first place money!!!

If you consider the taxes/withholding for the $5,000 prize for first, $3,000 "cash" is looking pretty, pretty, pretty good. It's close to being even depending on the tax bracket.

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
monty wrote:

If you consider the taxes/withholding for the $5,000 prize for first, $3,000 "cash" is looking pretty, pretty, pretty good. It's close to being even depending on the tax bracket.

YESSSS!!!!

That is outstanding! Good on you for keeping the pressure on!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
AlwaysCurious wrote:
vmac wrote:
earthling wrote:
vmac wrote:
The one thing that would move this to epic proportions would be to have Lance make a matching donation right before TRS closes the fund....

Its only successful if somebody picks up on it and starts to reply giving the story momentum. Oh wait a minute........

#MATCHSTRONG

Trying to get TRS to catch on...I think he thinks its stupid, thus no reply.

That's okay, I thrive on stupidity.

I think Lance might be the one who vandalized the sign; it wasn't just the sitting down that slowed his transition times.

I hope this satisfies your needs and I look forward to all of your heads exploding.

https://twitter.com/...s/492697057363120128

Consider my needs satisfied!

I genuinely hope all of the d-bags that are hoping this backfires in some way get their heads out of their collective a$$es. When you get past the spectacle there is a good reason to bring this topic to light. These men and women deserve it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Sure looks that way.

Very cool by Lance. I would race with him any day. Would love to say he kicked my butt.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
monty wrote:

what's with the tri-excuses? Rule # 73: Play like a #Champion. We can get a few dollars more before Sunday.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [vmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vmac wrote:
When you get past the spectacle there is a good reason to bring this topic to light. These men and women deserve it.

this topic will NEVER be brought to the light, as there is a media embargo on it.

You're more likely to have the Israeli press report on what's really going on in Gaza or state-run Russian media tell the truth about MH17 than hear about this in Lava, Competitor, or the ST front page.

this is clearly disruptive technology, that while at first is an inferior product eventually crushes the market and changes everything. Media ought to be talking about it.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you try to get these awesome ladies to present the checks?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Sure looks that way.

Damn, this party Saturday afternoon is bound to be a hoot! Carry on gentlemen.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [vmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vmac wrote:

Not quite matching - but props to you sir.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok what's the background to $549. Odd number, with Lance what is it's significance?

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next