Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess my real concern is are we going to be drug testing the 7th place finishers? You should say you might just so your policy is in line with WTC
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [erengel23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
erengel23 wrote:
"The worst thing about the internet is that it gives people like you the illusion that your opinion somehow matters. A century ago, you would have just been a town idiot that no one listens to. Now, a platform like Slowtwitch gives you the false feeling of relevance."

THIS IS PERFECT and SO relevant to you! Without this forum, your website, tweets you would be NOTHING. Just a bully. At least the town idiot has some morals and a little decency now and then. A century ago, someone would have cut your tongue out for being a douche (but hey, at least you'd have you fingers to tweet). Fare thee well my good man.

Just thought I should point out that you, Eric Engel, are the guy who tried to raise money in this forum so that you can have a free vacation in Hawaii.

With that pointed out, I thank you for your comments.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
erengel23 wrote:
"The worst thing about the internet is that it gives people like you the illusion that your opinion somehow matters. A century ago, you would have just been a town idiot that no one l wasistens to. Now, a platform like Slowtwitch gives you the false feeling of relevance."

THIS IS PERFECT and SO relevant to you! Without this forum, your website, tweets you would be NOTHING. Just a bully. At least the town idiot has some morals and a little decency now and then. A century ago, someone would have cut your tongue out for being a douche (but hey, at least you'd have you fingers to tweet). Fare thee well my good man.

Just thought I should point out that you, Eric Engel, are the guy who tried to raise money in this forum so that you can have a free vacation in Hawaii.

With that pointed out, I thank you for your comments.

Be careful, Rappstar might close down this thread too now that my secret identity has been revealed

Eric Engel | http://www.ironmandiary.com
15% off INFINIT Nutrition w/ code: EENGEL-INFINIT
15% off AltRed w/ code: EENGEL-ALTRED
20% off AMP Human http://amphumanperformanc.refr.cc/ericengel
AP Racing "The Crew" | INFINIT Nutrition | AltRed | AMP Human
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [avagoyamug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
avagoyamug wrote:
craigj532 wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
The worst thing about the internet is that it gives people like you the illusion that your opinion somehow matters. A century ago, you would have just been a town idiot that no one listens to. Now, a platform like Slowtwitch gives you the false feeling of relevance.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Sorry missed that one was not just me.

TheRealStarky has jumped the shark. Time to move on.

It's certainly possible that I've jumped the shark. I've been hearing that from at least one hater a week since about mid December.

I'll also concede that there is some irony in that rant. My opinion doesn't matter either. However, my opinions are well thought out, interesting and entertaining to a lot of people. For proof, you could look to more than 4500 twitter followers who have purchased over $11,000 in TRS merchandise. Those are votes. H2O of Fun doesn't have any votes. What he thinks about our Placid stunt is insignificant.

Website
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
avagoyamug wrote:
craigj532 wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
The worst thing about the internet is that it gives people like you the illusion that your opinion somehow matters. A century ago, you would have just been a town idiot that no one listens to. Now, a platform like Slowtwitch gives you the false feeling of relevance.

Pot, meet Kettle.

It's certainly possible that I've jumped the shark. I've been hearing that from at least one hater a week since about mid December.

I'll also concede that there is some irony in that rant. My opinion doesn't matter either. However, my opinions are well thought out, interesting and entertaining to a lot of people. For proof, you could look to more than 4500 twitter followers who have purchased over $11,000 in TRS merchandise. Those are votes. H2O of Fun doesn't have any votes. What he thinks about our Placid stunt is insignificant.

$11,000 grand eh? I know a place you could donate some of that to :)

Eric Engel | http://www.ironmandiary.com
15% off INFINIT Nutrition w/ code: EENGEL-INFINIT
15% off AltRed w/ code: EENGEL-ALTRED
20% off AMP Human http://amphumanperformanc.refr.cc/ericengel
AP Racing "The Crew" | INFINIT Nutrition | AltRed | AMP Human
Last edited by: erengel23: Jul 21, 14 11:22
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [erengel23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
erengel23 wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
avagoyamug wrote:
craigj532 wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:

Pot, meet Kettle.

I'd rather give money to the Taliban than to some self-entitled shit who thinks other people owe him a trip to Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [bhobbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bhobbs wrote:
erengel23 wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
avagoyamug wrote:
craigj532 wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:

Pot, meet Kettle.

I'd rather give money to the Taliban than to some self-entitled shit who thinks other people owe him a trip to Kona.

BINGO! Shocked he's even allowed to post here after that BS stunt. Also who has TRS bullied? Does anyone know his identity yet? How can someone you don't even know bully you? This "cyber bully" crap is moronic at the adult level. He's just a smartass having fun. You choose how to take what he says. Don't get your panties in a wad because he called you out for begging.
Last edited by: rjrankin83: Jul 21, 14 13:45
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [bhobbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we have just one thread that doesn't devolve into a Taliban thread?

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI: the pot is now over $4000.

7th place male and female each get >$2000.

3rd gets $1750.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rjrankin83 wrote:
bhobbs wrote:
erengel23 wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
avagoyamug wrote:
craigj532 wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:

Pot, meet Kettle.

BINGO! Shocked he's even allowed to post here after that BS stunt. Also who has TRS bullied? Does anyone know his identity yet? How can someone you don't even know bully you? This "cyber bully" crap is moronic at the adult level. He's just a smartass having fun. You choose how to take what he says. Don't get your panties in a wad because he called you out for begging.

This string is funny on so many levels. In a good way.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
Can we have just one thread that doesn't devolve into a Taliban thread?

No, we can't. In a couple of years when you are bored with Triathlon we'll have a special spot waiting for you in the Lavender Room where you can discuss religion, guns and politics until the cows come home.

See you soon.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard the interview on Zen and the Art if Triathlon with "pay 10 deep" who says he is in cohoots with you guys in this effort. He and host Brett kept saying that WTC is a publicly traded company. It us not. Providence is a private equity company and that really is an important distinction. A publicly traded company does have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders. As such awareness campaigns like this can have traction. Providence Equity does not have the same requirements, all decisions are made by the equity partners. I enjoy this effort and the interview, but that's an important distinction you guys should be aware of.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Jul 22, 14 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am aware, they have both been corrected and publicly shamed.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
I am aware, they have both been corrected and publicly shamed.

Excellent. :)
But it is a problem for the effectiveness of this campaign and the plight of the pro's. The best opportunity for Ironman to become a meaningful sport in regards to advertising support was back when major companies like Budwheiser and Ford sponsored the races. That was real money supporting the sport. Now we get start-ups like GoPro or vague internet companies like MyList, I did that race and still don't know what they are. The big money sponsors have moved on, long course triathlon just doesn't provide a spectator/TV experience that has enough value.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
The big money sponsors have moved on, long course triathlon just doesn't provide a spectator/TV experience that has enough value.

NBCsports aired coverage of IMMT following one of the TdF stage recaps last week (so, 11:00pm EST). I was hoping that two words would come to mind, but only one word sufficiently described it: awful. As a relatively interested party, I couldn't watch beyond the second commercial break.

If this sport's viability lies on the broadcast route, then there's one hell of a mountain to climb!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potential is there. When Lance raced Panama the coverage was very good, they just have to want to make it good.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might I suggest tweeting and emailing ESPN, Colin Cowherd, Bob Ley, outside the lines, Donald Trump, Fox News and anyone else's e-address you can find and copy @ironmantri on them all. Then, you continue to follow up with emails and phone calls offering the real story on why Ironman Athletes make shit? Blow this thing up. The liberal media will go nuts when they find out WTC is gong to make 45M this year and pays 6th place $600.

Slowtwitch is one thing, shaming Andrew Messick and Ironman in the New York Times is another. That would get their attention. This would get Ironman TM's attention FAST.

WTC's reach isn't strong enough for media not to cover, they're looking for stories that evoke emotion and boost ratings, you've got a chance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to believe a Zen hippie who sounds high during his entire show doesn't understand business, isn't it? I corrected them both via Twitter as soon as I listened to the podcast.

Website
Quote Reply
Post deleted by OkotoksLawyer [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
Hard to believe a Zen hippie who sounds high during his entire show doesn't understand business, isn't it? I corrected them both via Twitter as soon as I listened to the podcast.

I have been listening to Brett's show since 2006! His fact checking has always left something to be desired. :)

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
The big money sponsors have moved on, long course triathlon just doesn't provide a spectator/TV experience that has enough value.

NBCsports aired coverage of IMMT following one of the TdF stage recaps last week (so, 11:00pm EST). I was hoping that two words would come to mind, but only one word sufficiently described it: awful. As a relatively interested party, I couldn't watch beyond the second commercial break.

If this sport's viability lies on the broadcast route, then there's one hell of a mountain to climb!

I will not watch a LC triathlon, just too boring.

But give me a sprint DL event like the ITU is doing, which fits in 1 hour, sign me up.

And the relay sprint is even more exciting.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ITU seems to understand the limitations of presenting their events and the audience watching so they keep it small, all web based streaming. That's smart , they don't over reach.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
ITU seems to understand the limitations of presenting their events and the audience watching so they keep it small, all web based streaming. That's smart , they don't over reach.

And when I have watched ITU coverage on the web, it is just amazing!!!! Better than even being at the event live!!

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

And when I have watched ITU coverage on the web, it is just amazing!!!! Better than even being at the event live!!

Are you able to convert that web coverage to VHS and then to DVD?

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Are you able to convert that web coverage to VHS and then to DVD?

No idea why one would want to do those steps.

But depending on how something is sent over the web, if there has been developed a tool to stream it to ones computer, anything is possible to then capture and watch later.
Now we are getting a little over my head. Not everything I have tried to capture I had the tools or skills to do.

Now, with that being said, if one has a capture card with analog stuff and sends to a TV, then I guess one could grab it.

Only one way to find out is to try to grab something.

Quote Reply

Prev Next