Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
So assuming Kanute didn't destroy his legs on the bike, he's a decent runner and that 3:30 min lead is pretty big over 13.1. He should be able to hold on to the lead for most of the run.

Gotta be cheering for Kanute. That guy's nose has been breaking the wind all morning doing an ITT. He's like the breakaway guy in the TdF who you want the win to be bestowed on vs the closing pack.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
sp1ke wrote:
So assuming Kanute didn't destroy his legs on the bike, he's a decent runner and that 3:30 min lead is pretty big over 13.1. He should be able to hold on to the lead for most of the run.

Gotta be cheering for Kanute. That guy's nose has been breaking the wind all morning doing an ITT. He's like the breakaway guy in the TdF who you want the win to be bestowed on vs the closing pack.

I'm rooting for Kanute. I hope he wins.

Javi now in 2nd place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:

What's his best 70.3 run? Anyone know?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Gomez sprinting a HM?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. Gomez looks great though... Go Ben!!!

devashish_paul wrote:
sp1ke wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kanute gave back more than a minute to Gomez to the first aid station. He will get passed at mile 9 or so

Gomez wins this race easily...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of talk from the commentary about Ben Kanute hurting a lot based on how his running looks. He always has that run style in the ITU races though. He does definitely seem to be hurting but that 'uncomfortable' run style they're talking about is seen a lot with him. Agree with ya that you have to be cheering for the man after doing all that work by himself on the bike.

Gomez after a slow transition is charging right now! Dropped Kienle like it was nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Kanute gave back more than a minute to Gomez to the first aid station. He will get passed at mile 9 or so

Gomez wins this race easily...

At this rate probably about 6 miles.

I hope Kanute gets a medal. Mainly because of my ITU bias.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [CVH1296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CVH1296 wrote:
Lots of talk from the commentary about Ben Kanute hurting a lot based on how his running looks. He always has that run style in the ITU races though. He does definitely seem to be hurting but that 'uncomfortable' run style they're talking about is seen a lot with him. Agree with ya that you have to be cheering for the man after doing all that work by himself on the bike.

Gomez after a slow transition is charging right now! Dropped Kienle like it was nothing.

I'm going for Kanute to hang on. He probably won't, but I want him to. I did not see Don nor Gomez really stick their nose out once all through the coverage (sorry, banging on Don again, but he's not the uberbiker that has been claimed on here this year....sorry Milesthedog). Granted the coverage don't show what they are doing all the time, but the guys who put their nose in the wind, you see them doing that often. Go Ben!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The question is "how long can he hurt?" If he can suffer and keep it together to the finish, maybe he can hang on!

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TOP 10 Pro Men - Thru Run Split 2 - 2.23 mi
1 2:48:43 Ben Kanute
2 2:51:39 2:56 Javier Gomez
3 2:51:46 3:04 Sebastian Kienle
4 2:52:14 3:32 Sam Appleton
5 2:52:14 3:32 Tim Don
6 2:52:15 3:33 Maurice Clavel
7 2:52:24 3:42 Pieter Heemeryck
8 2:52:45 4:03 Tyler Butterfield
9 2:53:27 4:45 Andreas Dreitz
10 2:54:15 5:33 Matt Chrabot
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boobooaboo wrote:
The question is "how long can he hurt?" If he can suffer and keep it together to the finish, maybe he can hang on!

The math doesn't work. It was a valiant effort though. Next year Gomez with AB would be a show.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the race for 2nd is gonna be really interesting. Something keeps telling me SK is gonna pay for his tactics today. But could be a 3 way duel between TD, SA and SK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
boobooaboo wrote:

I hope so too, but it seems unlikely at this rate. From run split 3.5 through 4.2, Gomez made up 23 seconds. He just looks way too strong right now. He'll have a good chance at holding off Kienle though to take second place.

Who knows though. Kanute might get it together and pick it up these last 8 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree...just hoping...I like ballsy attempts to just go off the front and smash it, like another poster said comparing it to a pro tour break.

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drm437 wrote:
boobooaboo wrote:

The math doesn't work. It was a valiant effort though. Next year Gomez with AB would be a show.

Yup, only 1:06 down now at 4.9 miles. Gotta respect Kanute's effort - he did what he needed to do on the swim/bike to put himself in the best position to win. Just won't be enough today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed...Javi clocking 5:11 pace at last checkpoint.

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think SK is gonna get a medal here.

He's now running slower than BK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ben looks much better than at the start of the run. Gomez is just in a different league. I hope ben can hold on to top 3. He deserves it.

boobooaboo wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
Ben looks much better than at the start of the run. Gomez is just in a different league. I hope ben can hold on to top 3. He deserves it.

boobooaboo wrote:

3:12 in, Ben only has 45 seconds on Javier. Still ~40 min of racing to go. Looks like game is over. Kind of sucks for Ben, but he should get the "most aggressive rider award" for the day.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:

Yeh SK aint getting a medal. TD has just passed.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 worlds men's race thread [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
Adman wrote:

Another ITU guy in Tim Don. Will probably be the podium today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CVH1296 wrote:
Adman wrote:
Adman wrote:

Another ITU guy in Tim Don. Will probably be the podium today.

ITU! ITU! ITU!

In all seriousness though that is where the best athletes are, certainly for 70.3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don looks like he is running like a 10,000m finalist in the Olympics and only 20 seconds off Ben, who is running like a triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Don looks like he is running like a 10,000m finalist in the Olympics and only 20 seconds off Ben, who is running like a triathlete.

Lol harsh but true. That being said Kanute is still running himself into a medal.
Quote Reply

Prev Next