Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 races with cooler temperatures, within driving distance from Detroit
Quote | Reply
I`m looking for cooler temperature 70.3`s that I can drive to from the Detroit area. I would also rather choose races that are not held right in cities, and flatter races as that is what I train with. I have done Muncie and Steelhead several times and they are consistently hot and I expect that Ohio would be the same. I really enjoyed Muskoka when it was in September, but I`m not sure what to expect for conditions now that it is held in July. I suppose I should be focusing on September races, so perhaps Traverse City or Barrelman, but even Barrelman has been hot and I`m not a fan of the run through downtown.

Similar question for full Ironman races, what North American races historically have the most favorable conditions (cooler temperatures, nice swim etc.). I have had good luck with conditions at IMFL the 3 times that I have done that race, but obviously the swim conditions are unpredictable.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 races with cooler temperatures, within driving distance from Detroit [ONDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ONDave wrote:
I`m looking for cooler temperature 70.3`s that I can drive to from the Detroit area. I would also rather choose races that are not held right in cities, and flatter races as that is what I train with. I have done Muncie and Steelhead several times and they are consistently hot and I expect that Ohio would be the same. I really enjoyed Muskoka when it was in September, but I`m not sure what to expect for conditions now that it is held in July. I suppose I should be focusing on September races, so perhaps Traverse City or Barrelman, but even Barrelman has been hot and I`m not a fan of the run through downtown.

Similar question for full Ironman races, what North American races historically have the most favorable conditions (cooler temperatures, nice swim etc.). I have had good luck with conditions at IMFL the 3 times that I have done that race, but obviously the swim conditions are unpredictable.

Thanks

Waterman's Half by Kinetic Multisports is what you are looking for. Flat, chance for cool and overcast, unlikely to be super hot, not in a city.

https://kineticmultisports.com/races/watermans/
Quote Reply