Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread
Quote | Reply
Link to tracker here http://eu.ironman.com/...y=2014#axzz3CcdZqChl
Unfortunately there will be no live stream as we all know by now but it should still be a great race. Coverage starts at 7:30 EST and the race, I think, at 7:45. I think whoever wins on the men's side will have an epic race considering the stacked field.

My bets are on Frodeno and Vodickova.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to thank all the athletes from around the world who took the effort to qualify and travel over to Canada to race in the first WTC World's outside the US. Looks like a cool day compared to Vegas. Let the fireworks begin. It will be interesting too see how much Kienle and Frodo banged each other up at Frankfurt. My money is on Gomez. Helle Fredrikson has also shown some good form.

All the best to racers. Hopefully you are enjoying first class Quebec hospitality. Of all regions in Canada, Quebec puts on the best shows when it comes to international events!
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be the most triathlon crazy person on earth, but I won't "watch" tonight (I'm in Australia), as the coverage is not worthy of a world championships. Very disappointed. OK, maybe I'll watch the swim, curse at the computer a few times, and then give up...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this not livestream, scheduled to start in about an hour?

http://www.ironman.com/...y=2014#axzz3CcpRBDUi
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read what's over on the right in the blog. Stationary cameras, text updates and video updates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few static cameras and lots of bullshit (what can he do, I'm sure he wished he had more to show) from Welshie in front of a camera.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool day. 7 celsius/42 fahrenheit at the moment and expected highs of 17 and 62 according to the feed. Water temperature 20.7 celsius.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The're gone. What amazing strokes they have... oh wait, we saw them run to the water for 2 seconds only. What a joke!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gomez, Frodeno, and... Hamburg?... leading the swim about ten mins in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geez. The website isn't even set up so you can see the "static cameras" and the live "blog". Eff me.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mostly Aussies and ITU guys in the first 10 out of the water. 28 seconds separating Gomez at #1 and Jurkiewicz at #10. Not sure how spread out it is behind or Kienle's deficit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar 2:20 back and Kienle at 3 minutes apparently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kienle 25:37, Sanders 26:42 (Gomez first in 22:09).

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gomez 22:09, Frodeno +00:01, Kienle + 3:28, Sanders +4:33

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure happy I woke up at 4:45am to watch 2 seconds of swim footage followed by text updates...
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going back to bed. 40min in the race and and WTC is busy posting pictures of rando age groupers on the live feed. Hey it's not that there's a close race going on on the bike course.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [OkotoksLawyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"#IM703WC - Age group great Donna Smyers with friend Lauren Smith" Nobody cares. What is happening in the race? They can't even get the text updates relevant.

Yes, I plan on doing this all morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea, too bad... coverage sucks. Two of the cameras don't even work and the "live blog" is showing pics of random old people?!? No offense to those people, but really? I guess I'll have to actually qualify in order to "see" the 70.3 Worlds!

-Eric
---
"The Fit Shall Inherit the Earth" -Endurance Conspiracy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kienle will come back on the bike. He is a beast but may not hold the run. I don't think Gomez will hold on the run either. I am thinking Frodeno will take it.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would have to dodge polar bear shit out on the road, f me it would be a bitter ride.

top 25 men all within a minute or so out of t1

good thing kienle can bike like a maniac

Amberger (hes our aussie FLO wheels guy isnt he?) had a good swim
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [blackduckracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blackduckracing wrote:
Yea, too bad... coverage sucks. Two of the cameras don't even work and the "live blog" is showing pics of random old people?!? No offense to those people, but really? I guess I'll have to actually qualify in order to "see" the 70.3 Worlds!

Yeah, this sucks, given how much we paid for the live coverage...........oh....wait.............

Yes, stop complaining, go train, and qualify! :)
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [hickorynotch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hickorynotch wrote:
Kienle will come back on the bike. He is a beast but may not hold the run. I don't think Gomez will hold on the run either. I am thinking Frodeno will take it.

No way. I think Gomez is going to destroy everyone on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Gomez 22:09, Frodeno +00:01, Kienle + 3:28, Sanders +4:33
10 guys clear by 40 seconds at 7 km: Frodeno, Collins, Amberger, Gomez, Fettell, Seear, Kahlefeldt, Chrabot, McMahon, Collington. Kienle now +3:47, Sanders +4:37.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds Race Discussion Thread [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where's Starky?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
hickorynotch wrote:

No way. I think Gomez is going to destroy everyone on the run.

I say Kienle hammers the bike (shocker) but if he isn't top 3 going into T2 he pulls back. Frodeno looking really good. Respect for Gomez but it's the end of a long short-course season and I'd be very surprised if he managed a win.

... let's not forget Starky is lurking in there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next