Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanrafaeltri wrote:
stevej wrote:
I drove the run course or all of what I was able to in a car.

Um yeah. This will be the most talked about thing after the race. Not the hill on the bike.

I did the hardest parts of the bike and run course today.

The bike climb was slow, but what was also hard was that I was tired afterwards and on all the other ups on the course you won't feel fresh.

On the run, I found that the climbs are short and broken up. I don't think anyone will be talking about the run nearly as much as the bike after the race having sampled both today.

For those who don't get to ride the course, there is one spot where you get your first really nice view looking left. Right after that, the grade gets harder, just be prepared.

Oh and for those who asked about the rules briefing. The water temp today was 77. There is no wetsuit option at 76.1 and warmer. They will penalize for drafting going uphill, but won't be quite as strict on the 25 second rule on the uphills.

This isn't aimed at you, San Rafael, just a general comment...

The 20 minute climb is fun to talk and whine about but it's 20 minutes out of +/-5 hours. Unless you total blast up it out of the saddle, it's not going to completely ruin your race..

The run is going to be the deciding factor. It is up and down and up and down..it's going eat folks up. Many a quad will be shredded.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Somebody told me water was 76.2 this morning. Not sure if true, but if so that's obviously very close, with 2 more cool nights coming (1 for women).

All I can say is I thought the water looked warm this morning and I usually complain about water being cold. I also heard others saying it felt warm.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems the general consensus. Might be reported as 76.2 but feels warmer.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swam in a wetsuit this morning, and it was "warm", but I did not feel "hot".
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [RebelATC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flow rate this morning for those that did the practice swim. I started my swim at 9:34.

7-9a 13.5k cfs 10a 20k cfs

Let food be thy medicine...
Last edited by: JackStraw13: Sep 8, 17 12:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Seems the general consensus. Might be reported as 76.2 but feels warmer.

I thought it was pretty chilly. I think maybe because the water temperature was warmer than the air temperature the water seemed warmer.

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:
iamuwere wrote:
anthonypat wrote:
Anyone hit the race briefing and can clarify if we are having a clean transition and when drop will be?

Oh any other nuggets fromthe briefing would be swell for us souls who couldn't get free to fly in Thursday

+1
Clean transition, bike and run bags. Just like a full Ironman. They said they were going to slow the rate of flow. That's about it.

So do we turn in our gear bags Saturday or Sunday? Also, I know we are getting the swim caps Sunday but what about our chip?

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike and run bags are checked in on Saturday with the bike. You get your timing chip at bike check in, I'm told.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds good. So race morning just need to calibrate power meter and air up tires.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Bike and run bags are checked in on Saturday with the bike. You get your timing chip at bike check in, I'm told.
Exactly.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [mariutti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mariutti wrote:
mbwallis wrote:

Exactly.

I have a really dumb question. One bag is gray, one is blue and one is red. Which one is T1, T2 and your pre-race drop off bag?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanrafaeltri wrote:
mariutti wrote:
mbwallis wrote:

Exactly.

I have a really dumb question. One bag is gray, one is blue and one is red. Which one is T1, T2 and your pre-race drop off bag?

Thanks
No direction from WTC but when I checked in my gear today--(b)ike was (b)lue; (r)un was (r)ed and grey was for clothes

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B is Blue is Bike. R is Red is Run. Grey is for morning clothes . . . there will be a drop near the swim start.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [Honey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

if I was using my brain, I might have figured that out, but this week I have been so addled at so many things, not figuring this out doesn't surprise me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to WTC for setting a new low in backpack quality and attractiveness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obviously I missed the briefing too so I apologize for the questions. I get that we drop bags when we drop the bike. But I believe I can also put my helmet and sunglasses on my bike as well as my bottles when I go to air up my tires, right? I'll put my shoes on the bike too. That's all allowed, correct?

Sucks we have to drop run bag the night before. I suppose my handheld won't be cold for the run. Oh well.

Once I get the bags, and get the stuff out, I then refill the bag w the equipment from the previous sport, right?

Thanks!

http://triathletelife.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Congrats to WTC for setting a new low in backpack quality and attractiveness."
---------------
Wow - I think they are pretty nice.

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [mkerley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No - that is not correct. Shoes can be on bike but other than that a "clean transition". Yes, you can put your bottles on in the morning.

David
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [mkerley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mkerley wrote:
Obviously I missed the briefing too so I apologize for the questions. I get that we drop bags when we drop the bike. But I believe I can also put my helmet and sunglasses on my bike as well as my bottles when I go to air up my tires, right? I'll put my shoes on the bike too. That's all allowed, correct?

Sucks we have to drop run bag the night before. I suppose my handheld won't be cold for the run. Oh well.

Once I get the bags, and get the stuff out, I then refill the bag w the equipment from the previous sport, right?

Thanks!

No helmets on the bike either in the morning. Helmet in your bike bag. Least that is what I was told today by IM rep at packer pickup.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anthony,

I was told as long as there is nothing on the ground and that your helmet won't fall in the wind or something. Of course, we get the bags earlier and maybe we all could save an irrelevant 5 seconds by having our glasses and helmet on by the time we get to our bike. I say irrelevant because of the MOUNTAIN.

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
"Congrats to WTC for setting a new low in backpack quality and attractiveness."
---------------
Wow - I think they are pretty nice.

I agree. I think the bag rocks. My kids are so jealous of it and have already stolen it out of my room and taken it to theirs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was made very clear at the meeting.
NO Helmets on bike.
Must wear helmet to check in, put in T1 bag!

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Must wear helmet to check in. That's awesome .... wait, you're joking, right?

Ok, I couldn't attend the meeting. Can someone confirm the below line by line?

On Saturday we must drop off:

Bike
Bike shoes and helmet in bag
Run shoes and run gear in bag
We can bring water bottles race morning to put in bike and run bag
We can access run shoes race morning to warm up
We can not take bike out of transition area to warm up

Ok, are our bike bags next to our bikes? Do we place them there?
How do the run bags work? Someone hands them to us and we have to rummage through them?

I hate not being able to warm up race morning, so I hope we can at least get to our run shoes and get in the water some... can we get in the water race morning?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike/ run bags will be lined up like IM. Not sure if we will be routed into and out a change tent, though one is shown on the map.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Worlds 2017, Chattanooga Information [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told at meeting, no pre-swim.
Access to T2 bag, not T1.
Access to bike.
You pick up your bags as you run by- in numerical order.
There is a change tent you MAY use, chair outside if you prefer.
Clean transition! Nothing on ground. Shoes, nutrition on bike.
Pick up timing chip at bike drop off today.
Swim cap on race morning.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply

Prev Next