Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got?
Quote | Reply
Jan, Gomez, Alistair....those are three big time dudes.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If healthy, those 3 should fill out the podium.
Ryf on the women’s side seems like the winner.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Ben Kanute should be on that list too. Not sure where but 70.3 iappears to be his sweet spot. I see those 4 coming out of the water together and riding together. Will be interesting to see if they push the pace on the bike or look to duke it out on the run. Ryf is a slam dunk for the ladies.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [Jason AZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason AZ wrote:
I think Ben Kanute should be on that list too. Not sure where but 70.3 iappears to be his sweet spot. I see those 4 coming out of the water together and riding together. Will be interesting to see if they push the pace on the bike or look to duke it out on the run. Ryf is a slam dunk for the ladies.

Not a chance. Kanute cannot keep up with those three.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is Alistair healthy as far as we know?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is racing the Euro Champs. So in theory, yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In ITU races, yes, all three have much more success. Ben has had good results at 70.3 though. He placed second and almost went wire to wire over Gomez at last years worlds. I read somewhere that Gomez said he had to take a lot of risk early on in the run to catch Ben. Jan is a man on a mission this year. Hard to bet against him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can't keep up... he was second to Gomez last year by not that much. And you're assuming Alistair is healthy. He's been off the radar all year
Last edited by: Bosox99104: Aug 10, 18 1:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will be interested to see how these 3 guys race. 2 of them to Kona, so will that affect where they are fitness wise? And then is Alistair healthy?

Besides those 3, I'm looking at Kanute and Rudy Von Berg as interesting picks. Both are strong swimmers, not sure about Rudy's bike vs. Ben's but if they are able to work together, could make for an interesting dynamic in the run (not leaving Jan/Alistair out of the equation to be in this group either, just talking other names).

The other guy I'm unforunately looking at is Weiss. If he podiums somehow I feel like it'll be a hugeeee eyeroll from the other pros there. I don't like to wish bad races on anyone, but it would probably be best for the sport if he wasn't competitive.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We shall have some idea of Alistair's form from 4pm UK time today. The Glasgow course is a tough one - the gaps off the bike in the women's race were pretty big - so it suits him well and may be won on the bike if his run form isn't there. They did say in commentary yesterday that AB definitely isn't racing the mixed relay at the Euros tomorrow
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [Bosox99104] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice field; wonder what the last time those 3 stood on the start line together - London 2012 maybe?

Alistair will try and get away on the bike so he can manage the run - not sure what the bike course is like profile wise but the harder the better for him.

Good chance that Kanute can swim-bike with Alistair, but not stay in touch on the run. Frodeno would love to follow Alistair/Kanute and ride Gomez off his wheel.

Lucy Charles on the women's start list so Ryf's training day will at least be a bit harder than last year....
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my 2cents on the subjects.
if Alistair is on the same level of form as of in StGeorge last year, in my opinion no chance for anyone else. EU champs today could be or not a test because field is not complete with all stars.

For sure Kanute, Gomez, Frodeno, Wild, Appleton for the podium.
I gamble my 10$ on Von Berg battling hard for the podium too.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't see Charles even being in the same league so won't be much harder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone that hasn’t won this year will.

Ie dark horse

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRO Saracen wrote:
Alistair will try and get away on the bike so he can manage the run - not sure what the bike course is like profile wise but the harder the better for him.

Profile is not hard at all... unless we get lots of wind on race day, it will not be a factor helping AB

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if all those names show up race fit and go for it, this will be one of the most exciting races in ages. i'll throw in braden currie as a potential darkhorse. he seems much stronger at the full than the half, but he's on form this year and i like the guy.

on the women's draw i'd love to see some girls mix it up with daniella, please!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, all 3 ( Jan, Alistair, Gomez ) have a great swim! I can see a great race from the get go!

But Jan is the best biker, so I would bike on the limit to shake off both Gomez and Alistair in the run!

Honestly, I think it will be more exciting than Kona.

And in case Alistair wins. Is he going to Kona as well? Honestly I can wait! :)
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [scottim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ali is not fit if his performance today is anything to go by

Struggling on the run
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In his interview with BBC he said he's had a terrible 6 months with only a handful of run sessions. Said he's been training hard recently. Still planning to race the 70.3 worlds by the sounds of it.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, after today’s race in Scotland it is clear he will have a hard time being at the front in three weeks...

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well you don’t show up and beat that field with “a handful of run sessions”

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [SrSalitre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SrSalitre wrote:
why do you think he tried to break away on the bike lol.
the thing is with his talent a few weeks of running make a good difference.
I dont think we will ever see him again on peak shape with his injuries but still a few weeks of running for someobdy of his talent ... you never want to say now ( it wasnt like he did a lot of running before rio )

he is certainly a medal contender for the 70.3 worlds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gomez, Frodeno, Kaunte (in that order)

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
SrSalitre wrote:
why do you think he tried to break away on the bike lol.
the thing is with his talent a few weeks of running make a good difference.
I dont think we will ever see him again on peak shape with his injuries but still a few weeks of running for someobdy of his talent ... you never want to say now ( it wasnt like he did a lot of running before rio )

he is certainly a medal contender for the 70.3 worlds.

Just walking back from the course just now. I don't think AB is in great shape on the run over 10km and 3 weeks is not enough time for the sort of half marathon that he'll need to win and maybe even podium.

His run form is weaker than Dubai earlier in the year which was a 71/72 equivalent (short course).

I'd even say he wasn't his usual self on the bike with a course that is made for break aways.

I'm 50-50 If he podiums. If he does it will say a lot about many of the long course athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC Start List — Who do you got? [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:
Gomez, Frodeno, Kaunte (in that order)

I'm leaning that way.
Quote Reply

Prev Next