Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
70.3 -- The Course Is NOT Short
Quote | Reply
Just to clarify. The course is not short. There was however, what appeared to be a true peloton in various sections for the AG racers. 50 people coming out of the water ~2' apart leads to that. Nature of the race.

Spoke with qcassidy (Andrew Hodges) after the race. It was, according to him, really a different race for AG athletes and pros.

The pro race seemed pretty clean and well marshalled.

As for my own race, good swim, good bike, not-so-great run. Need to work on that whole nutrition thing some. Such is racing...

Thanks for all the support. Saw a lot of ST'ers. desert dude finished very well, for an old guy...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 -- The Course Is NOT Short [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great race. Now, what do you consider old? :o)

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
solid race jordan, andrew hodges is a machine... he should have been racing in the pro feild.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Jordan!

I was looking at some of the AG bike splits and indeed some are crazy fast. I hope WTC can figure this out and fix it for next year...

Jorge Martinez
Head Coach - Sports Science
E3 Training Solutions, LLC
@CoachJorgeM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder why is a race like this totally flat ( i think )

it should be held in some place with tougher course IMO

Great race jordan

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 -- The Course Is NOT Short [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have them call Brad Kearns and do it at the Auburn Toughest Half course. No way to draft in this race. And it WILL seperate the men from the boys!!! By far the hardest race I have ever done.

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 -- The Course Is NOT Short [Jorge M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Listening to a number of AGs after the finish, the word used was Pelletons. Many athletes raced clean, but I heard some pack were so large it was almost impossible to get by them.

Watching the bikes come into T2, I certainly saw good evidence of huge groups finishing together.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 -- The Course Is NOT Short [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats to Joe on another awesome performance. He is unbelievable. and he just raced IMF one week ago. tell him to take a rest for a day or two now. well deserved.

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 -- The Course Is NOT Short [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, i dont know that course but a super tough course would be bad too

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it :)

Congrats on your race! too funny, I'm not sure what time of day you finished but already on ST... LOL

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the wrong course. It is all hills. A sufferfest.

A course like Vineman would be perfect. Some light rollers, with one big hill near the end (about 3/4 through) to splinter things heading into the run. Then a rolling run course. That'd be my pick.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe something like Timberman... to bad it is usually cold for the time of the year

Jorge Martinez
@CoachJorgeM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timberman is a great course too. There are loads of good courses. Any course where the course record is ~4:00 would be good, assuming the swim/run times are reasonable.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's been nice in the northeast so far. Not sure about NH today, but it's 58* in Maine!

I love Timberman :)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 -- The Course Is NOT Short [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here in Boston the weather is awesome (60+) I can't believe we haven't seen any snow yet!

Jorge Martinez
@CoachJorgeM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we got a little bit the other day - very light, spitting snow that disappeared immediately.

The snow can hold off... keep the warm weather, I'll have my bike soon and I wish to ride it outside :D

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 -- The Course Is NOT Short [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopefully it will be like last year. Since it wasn't as harsh as other years, I pretty much rode through the winter!

Jorge Martinez
@CoachJorgeM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicely done, Jordan. Top-20 in a loaded field...not too damn shabby!

Would be interesting to see this on a somewhat more "challenging" course to break things up a bit...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lubbock. The Buffalo Springs course is a good mix of flats and hill. Oh, and the wind.
Last edited by: doherjo1: Nov 11, 06 12:30
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 -- The Course Is NOT Short [doherjo1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Lubbock. The Buffalo Springs course is a goo mix of flats and hill.[/reply]

sounds sticky! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great result Jordan. I predict next year will be huge for you.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I concur. The course was pretty spot-on distance-wise. It was a fast course! Even I PR'ed here, a week after my first IM! And I was getting SMOKED on the bike. Must have had 400 people pass me. At least 5 large packs of 30 riders blasted by me, some of them cutting it VERY close when cutting in front of me. I was just thinking about how dangerous some of them were riding when up ahead I saw people's bikes splayed on the pavement and people getting up checking themselves and their bikes. Crash! There were MASSIVE traffic backups as they had set aside lanes for us, and I saw a few cops that had to yell as motorists who were making turns into the race. It must have been a monumental task to do traffic control. My hat's off to the police and race organizers!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.auburntriathlon.com/

Wondering why a tough course would be bad? At least there would be NO drafting.

Dave

Quote Reply

Prev Next