Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

60 year old testosterone of 49 low?
Quote | Reply
First of all low or not I have no desire to take anything to raise it. I run 50 plus miles a week on trails for ultras with my year finishing with a 100 in Sept.
I just curious if this is normal for enduarance activities
Quote Reply
Re: 60 year old testosterone of 49 low? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course you know that is low, only question is something other than your normal production keeping it at that number? No doubt you could test some tour guys or ironman competitors that are on the verge of severe overtraining, and get some crazy low numbers. Perhaps you are in one of those kind of scenarios??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
First of all low or not I have no desire to take anything to raise it. I run 50 plus miles a week on trails for ultras with my year finishing with a 100 in Sept.
I just curious if this is normal for enduarance activities

I post my bloodwork for all those to see and learn from. T, Free T, Iron Vitamin D, Mag, everything... You can find all my posts under the "Blood Work" blog post label. Happy to answer any questions.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: 60 year old testosterone of 49 low? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel the same as always. Yes I know the number is low.....for normal people, but I have no idea if that's really low for someone training 10 hrs per week for years.
I am back if pack guy but I don't think it's from low testosterone.
That I do 20 plus every weekend i think is enough that i am healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: 60 year old testosterone of 49 low? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you.
Dr told me I need to get two more tests for a total of 3, to get a true number.
Originally she said low would cause concern for bone density, but with running so much should not be an issue with me.
I do not feel tired or fatigued.
I did have a hard time doing a technical 50k with 11k of climbing :) but made it well under cut off...
Honestly, I am slow but I do not think its it from T.
Any suggestions to naturally increase?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but I have no idea if that's really low for someone training 10 hrs per week for years. //

That depends once again, sorry to be so aloof. Are you 50, 70, or 85+? That also has a lot to do with what is normal..Good you dont feel bad, maybe take a blood test sometime when you are not training, feeling good and rested, and doing some heavy squats!!! I guess the other indicator is you sex life, if that is ok too, then you are good to go..
Quote Reply
Re: 60 year old testosterone of 49 low? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About to turn 60. Training for either 25 or 50k in June, 40k in July, a 20 miler with 7k ascent 10k descent in Aug, then a 38 miler, 14k ascent in Aug and 100 in Sept.
I am slow, bad arthritis in knees, but feel ok...all around.
Thanks Monty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At 64 yrs, any test I do can be influenced by how hard I am training. If I get a bad test result, for the next test I go in rested and hydrated which usually gives a better result.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are the units and reference range for your test and what did your other sex hormones show?
How is the libido?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sleeping? Lack of sleep has a huge impact.
Quote Reply
Re: 60 year old testosterone of 49 low? [pbnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they did not do them. Dr said he believes in minimal testing. Only did T cause I was curious and asked. Here are the results

FTestosterone, Total49 L87-780 (ng/dL) - Samples from patients routinely receiving high-dose biotin therapy may show - falsely elevated results. Additional information may be required for diagnosis. One of the reasons I asked is because when googling, it showed normal high that on this.
Quote Reply
Re: 60 year old testosterone of 49 low? [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sleep is fine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Thank you.
Dr told me I need to get two more tests for a total of 3, to get a true number.
Originally she said low would cause concern for bone density, but with running so much should not be an issue with me.
I do not feel tired or fatigued.
I did have a hard time doing a technical 50k with 11k of climbing :) but made it well under cut off...
Honestly, I am slow but I do not think its it from T.
Any suggestions to naturally increase?

Doesn't seem to me that you have any reasons to be concerned if you don't feel tired or fatigued. Since you have been training 10 hours a week for years, I think you would have noticed an abrupt change in your fatigue level if you had a medical condition that caused your T to drop at a faster than normal rate.

From what I've read, doing less endurance training and more strength/intensity training will increase your T level naturally. There's likely a training load sweet spot as far as T level.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: May 17, 19 7:02
Quote Reply
Re: 60 year old testosterone of 49 low? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. Thanks.
That is kinda what I was thinking. I just was curious if that was an unusual "number"
As in my first post, I could care less how far under normal in relation in taking anything . If this is normal for me, well then I am happy wit that. Thanks for the response
Quote Reply