Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

58/44T chainring setup
Quote | Reply
I am looking to setup the aerocoach 58/44T chainrings on my Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0. I was told by LBS that the front derailleur won't go high enough for the rings to fit.

Has anyone ran into similar issues?
Quote Reply
Re: 58/44T chainring setup [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a similar problem... my power meter won't go high enough to display all the watts I'm putting out

bigsas wrote:
I am looking to setup the aerocoach 58/44T chainrings on my Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0. I was told by LBS that the front derailleur won't go high enough for the rings to fit.

Eric Reid
AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Chapel Hill, NC
Aerodynamic Optimized Bike Fitting, Retul Pre-Purchase Bike Fitting, USAT Level 1 Triathlon Coaching, Nutrition
Ask me: Scody Optimized Speed Suits | CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Systems | HUUB Skinsuits and Wetsuits | Ventum Bicycles and Frames
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 58/44T chainring setup [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you even chainring bro?

In all seriousness to the OP, they might be right. He used to run a 58 + an inner ring on his Shiv TT machine. When he ran the 58T on the Canyon I never saw him run it with an inner ring or FD though. Your solution are the FD spacers from Aerocoach or something similar.

Last edited by: turdburgler: Apr 3, 19 5:12
Quote Reply
Re: 58/44T chainring setup [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.bikeforums.net/...-52t-vs-70t-pic.html

It's locked now, but here ya go. We had a few days of fun at least.
Quote Reply
Re: 58/44T chainring setup [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was great.
Quote Reply
Re: 58/44T chainring setup [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I have a similar problem... my power meter won't go high enough to display all the watts I'm putting out

;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My solution was a 1x with a 60T. Eliminate the front derailleur.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: 58/44T chainring setup [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honest question about this. I have an older Felt DA bike I fixed up. It also came with a 54T oval ring, I think it is 54T. Either way, when the fat part of the oval passes by it is really really close to the chain stay. It doesn't appear there'd be any way of running a larger ring, which I can't imagine is right given the same model bike was used by pros back in the day.

I was thinking of going with a round 56T 1x narrow wide, but not sure it'll fit. That's why I haven't gone 1x yet on that bike.
Quote Reply
Re: 58/44T chainring setup [TriFluid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Can't believe I missed that during my research. Much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: 58/44T chainring setup [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why did you put your small chainring on that 1x though?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar problem. Front derailleur mount was designed around cx chainrings. I made a couple spacers to shift the derailleur up like 10mm - I liked the stainless one better so that's what I've got installed.
Last edited by: grimes: Apr 3, 19 10:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered the 58/44 a few days ago. On their website is mentions the 60/62 possibly having fitment issues but not the 58. We'll see I guess, and there's always the spacer linked above. (mine is going on a 2019 Felt IA1)

Strava I Instagram I Team Every Man Jack I PM me for 25% off discount code at everymanjack.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigsas wrote:

https://www.probikeshop.com/...shim-kit/116394.html

I run this Rotor spacer on my 56 Q-ring.
Quote Reply