Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

55/42 for FSA Crankset
Quote | Reply
I currently have a FSA SL-K LIGHT ABS BB386EVO with a 110 BCD ABS 4 hole bolt pattern (https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/...b386evo-crankset2019) . My rings are currently 52/36 and want to change them to a 55/42 (preferred) or 54/42. It doesn't appear that FSA sells those chainring sizes and as best I can tell I can't use SRAM/Shimano/Rotor chainrings on that FSA spider? Anyone have any suggestions or is my only option to change out the whole cranks set? Trying to avoid that as my left crank arm is a stages powermeter so changing everything out and getting a new powermeter is going to get pricey.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 55/42 for FSA Crankset [tnt646] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No reason you can't use SRAM/Rotor or other rings that meet the 110BCD pattern (as long as theyre spider based, i.e. not the new Rotor direct mount chainrings), but your biggest problem is that 53T or larger rings usually require either 130BCD or Shimano 4 bolt 110BCD. That may not be universally true for older models, but was something I noticed as I was power meter/crank/ring shopping a couple weeks ago.

If you can't find 110BCD rings, you can probably get a 130BCD spider from FSA which'll allow you to mount the rings without changing the crank.
Quote Reply
Re: 55/42 for FSA Crankset [tnt646] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately FSA/vision chainring options are pretty limited. Not many aftermarket chainrings in that bolt pattern. Awhile ago I was probably going to get a FSA Powerbox but needed to be able to run a 1x ring bigger than a 54t. FSA couldn't do anything for that and I couldn't find a single aftermarket 1x ring for that pattern. Ended up just going with a power2max instead.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply