Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST BOP to complete 50 __ in 50 days [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 12 for me. I brought my folks up to Georgetown and I rode up Guanella pass. It starts at 8500 feet and ends around 11,600.

https://www.strava.com/...;utm_medium=referral
Last edited by: damn lucky: Sep 2, 18 16:12
Quote Reply
Re: ST BOP to complete 50 __ in 50 days [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those pictures are so great! Amazing views! Do you work for the Colorado office of tourism? Wow!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I could have taken more pics but I was not in the mood to keep stopping. It was a really nice ride.
Quote Reply
Re: ST BOP to complete 50 __ in 50 days [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 13
Swam (15:38), biked (46:15), ran (28:08).
All's good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job, I just managed an easy 15 miles today.

My folks are still with us for another six days. Guests are like fish.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All day family beach day yesterday, so just some ocean swimming, and did a hard swim today with a 1650p tt. So in honor of this thread, my two 800's in the 1650 were 10;02 and 10 flat, so I got those in the bank if I can ever muster up some extra bike and run miles..

Nice job sticking to the program, I hope to get back on the sprint train tomorrow...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 12, Sun, 09.02.2018: Swam about 4100 scm and ran 3.0 miles.
Swim: 2 x (400 m IM sw/ki + 600 m free sw/pl) for 2000 scm, then inside due to thunder for 2300 scy: 2 x 500 yd free sw/pl, 200 yd back w/padds, 3 x 200 yd IM sw, 200 yd fr pl easy, total time about 1:18.
Run: 3.0 mi in 30:51.

Day 13: Rest Day - Have been feeling more tired every day, so just mowed the grass today for 4 hrs with my reel mower, e.g. the old-fashioned 1950s era, non-powered mower with the blades that spin. So, did get some mild exercise today. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done.

I tried, but a 3-day weekend camping with the kids, meaning zero running or biking, has put me too far behind to catch up.

I'll try again

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: ST BOP to complete 50 __ in 50 days [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax, You'll try again soon, I hope? Are you up for tackling the next 12 days to get to the halfway point? At the halfway point, we can revisit our goals.

You don't have to have a perfect score, right? We're crazy, but we're not THAT crazy!

I've been trying to remember a song about someone from Halifax. It goes, "blah, blah, blah Halifax-fax-fax." Do you know it? It's old-timey.

Edit: Can't find the song (yet). But the singer was Ed (Edward Potts) McCurdy. Folksinger, songwriter, actor, b Willow Hill, Pa, 11 Jan 1919, naturalized Canadian 1986, d Halifax 23 Mar 2000.
Last edited by: Calamityjane88: Sep 4, 18 9:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back on track, but felt crappy this morning, so toned down the paces..

28;37 5k run, 37;45 MTB(cool and still out), and then as slow as I could possibly go without sinking, 12;34 800SCY.

1;18.56 total time, 96 to 118 HR on bike and run today, under 100 on swim...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
JasoninHalifax, You'll try again soon, I hope? Are you up for tackling the next 12 days to get to the halfway point? At the halfway point, we can revisit our goals.

You don't have to have a perfect score, right? We're crazy, but we're not THAT crazy!

I've been trying to remember a song about someone from Halifax. It goes, "blah, blah, blah Halifax-fax-fax." Do you know it? It's old-timey.

Edit: Can't find the song (yet). But the singer was Ed (Edward Potts) McCurdy. Folksinger, songwriter, actor, b Willow Hill, Pa, 11 Jan 1919, naturalized Canadian 1986, d Halifax 23 Mar 2000.

It rings a bell, but I can't remember the song. It'll probably come to me as I'm lying in bed tonight.

I have brick night this evening with the tri-club, so I'll get back on the wagon today, so to speak.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Sep 4, 18 11:25
Quote Reply
Re: ST BOP to complete 50 __ in 50 days [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swam a peppy 13:59 with pool workers standing by to close the broken pool. Tomorrow I'll need to swim at a YMCA, which is good because I need a change of scenery.

Biked 57:42! New route! I stopped to take pictures. And I got lost once. But the real reason I was so slow was because I was mentally beaten down by an older guy who blazed passed me before I had even been riding 5 minutes. In a flash, he was GONE.

Ran 28:31.

Tomorrow I'll swim at a new pool and bike and run at Lake Miramar. Heads up: it will be flat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But the real reason I was so slow was because I was mentally beaten down by an older guy who blazed passed me before I had even been riding 5 minutes. In a flash, he was GONE. //

Well I said Hi and gave you a wave, so there is that...And not sure about everyone else, but when I time stuff, it is actual time spent riding or running, if you take a pic, hit the head, or stop at a light, you stop your watch. IT is hard enough trying to compare workouts, let alone ones that are full of running stop times..
Quote Reply
Re: ST BOP to complete 50 __ in 50 days [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
But the real reason I was so slow was because I was mentally beaten down by an older guy who blazed passed me before I had even been riding 5 minutes. In a flash, he was GONE. //

Well I said Hi and gave you a wave, so there is that...And not sure about everyone else, but when I time stuff, it is actual time spent riding or running, if you take a pic, hit the head, or stop at a light, you stop your watch. IT is hard enough trying to compare workouts, let alone ones that are full of running stop times..

Monty, part of what was demoralizing was the old-school, striped tube socks you had on. Damn those sassy socks!

Look, I try to remember to start and stop the watch. I just forget. I'll be very good about it tomorrow, though, when I bike and run at my PR place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 14, Tues, 09.04.2018: rest from swim again, ran 3.0 flat road miles in 26:02, plus another 3 hrs of lawn mowing.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: ST BOP to complete 50 __ in 50 days [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Day 14, Tues, 09.04.2018: rest from swim again, ran 3.0 flat road miles in 26:02, plus another 3 hrs of lawn mowing.

You're at 7 hrs of grass mowing this week, Ericmulk. That makes me think of poor Ali Sard. He has to mow grass in his uncle's backyard. And its quick growing grass, and it grows as he mows it. The faster he mows it, the faster he grows it. Dr Seuss.

Nice work with your 26 min 3 miler!
Last edited by: Calamityjane88: Sep 4, 18 17:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still getting a ride in everyday. This week is difficult, juggling my parents here visiting and me trying to get out and ride. I was really hoping to try and get at least one or two full 112 mile rides in. Hopefully before this challenge ends I'll get some.
Quote Reply
Re: 50 Sprint/ 50 Days & 50 Sprint Tri Relay [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
restarting - 9/4 - brick night. Had a great ride, 21kms mostly steady, hammered the last 5 kms at a 39 km/h average (including a couple of small rollers and coming to a complete stop at the end of the road) then onto the trail for a run. My bad knee decided that it didn't want to do any hills, so I turned around after about 500m and found a flatter trail. 4km run

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: 50 Sprint/ 50 Days & 50 Sprint Tri Relay [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to hear of your brick session, Jason. That's too bad that your knee gives you grief on hills.

DamnLucky, I like your plan to ride 112 once or twice during this challenge. You're putting in way more time than most of us. Ericmulk's mowing might make him a contender for most hours, but I think you're leading.

Day 15.
Swam (13:57) at Rancho Penasquitos YMCA. It was nice to swim in a normal pool with other people. I circled with a guy and a gal.

Biked (47:29) at Lake Miramar (the worst place to ride) and the surrounding area. I won two QOM! Those are my first biking QOM's.

Ran 5k in 25:23 at Lake Miramar. I love that place for running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran 5k in 25:23 at Lake Miramar. I love that place for running. //

Really, you loped a full minute of the thread record?? That's throwing down girl, now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I grabbed all the low hanging fruit with my 26+ run, you gonna make me breath hard now!!!

Today was a good HR day and started the 5k at 9;14 pace and finished with about 1;30+ @6;40 pace, just to see what it feels like(27;58). 96 to 108HR, 132 at end of 6;30 pace.. 37;10 on the MTB(95 to 110 HR), another course record(0 wind but full sun), and then a super easy sub 100 HR swim again, 12;10..

1;17.18 total time

Quote Reply
Re: 50 Sprint/ 50 Days & 50 Sprint Tri Relay [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do I share my Strava file? I click on the share button and get a link. But when I paste it, it's a dead link.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are asking the wrong guy about that stuff, but sure someone here knows what to do. I'm just about sophisticated enough to take a picture of my watch and have a screen shot of it, but that is hi tech around here baby....

I did order a set of cranks with a power meter in them today though, so gonna build up another bike and go full hi tech after that...
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Calamityjane88 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Calamityjane88: Sep 5, 18 13:44
Quote | Reply
Nice run, but that file is just too funny. I looked at the pic and thought what a fast run on such a hilly course, but to mu surprise!! The lowest point to the highest point is about 20 feet, but looking at that diagram you would think you were climbing and descending the Rockies..Why do they take a basically flat run and make it look like a hilly one?

SO 8;11 pace is the standard, hope my treadmill has an 8;10 setting on it...(-;
Quote Reply
Re: 50 Sprint/ 50 Days & 50 Sprint Tri Relay [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Nice run, but that file is just too funny. I looked at the pic and thought what a fast run on such a hilly course, but to mu surprise!! The lowest point to the highest point is about 20 feet, but looking at that diagram you would think you were climbing and descending the Rockies..Why do they take a basically flat run and make it look like a hilly one?

SO 8;11 pace is the standard, hope my treadmill has an 8;10 setting on it...(-;

The elevation diagram looks pretty flat to me. Maybe you were looking at the graph of my pace? Or my heart rate? Or the outline of Lake Miramar?

Strava is not perfect. It does not always match my Garmin data, which is my source. For instance, my swim time on Strava today is 15:30-ish "moving time." But my Garmin time was 13:57.9. So, I should have rounded up and reported 13:58. I don't know what the "moving time" means, except perhaps it includes the time I paused my watch to discuss with my lane-mates how we would circle swim. Whatever-- its close enough.
Last edited by: Calamityjane88: Sep 5, 18 15:04
Quote Reply

Prev Next