Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 50 Sprint/ 50 Days & 50 Sprint Tri Relay [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got in a nice aqua bike today, did 10 miles on a very hilly, high, and sandy MTB course, broke my course record by 5 seconds! 43;46. Then went for an easy swim and went faster than planned, 2100SCY. Swam yesterday and did a new PR for my 1650p, 20;14, so all this training paying off I guess...
Quote Reply
Re: 50 Sprint/ 50 Days & 50 Sprint Tri Relay [Calamityjane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
Day 45? Ran 7 miles on trails. What a treat! No bike. Ha!

Ya, Day 45, Fri, 10.05.2018: Swam 4000 scm and ran 3.5 miles.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:

The bags are a combination of upholstery fabics: tweeds, linen and velvet. No cooling fabrics or UV protection. Definitely room for improvement there! Except, I have no intention of making any more.

those look great. well done. love the flowy, curvy shapes. (couldn’t see pic until today hence slow response).

make a difference. today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 46

First time using Zwift

https://www.strava.com/activities/1888155445
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4.4 mile super hilly and sandy trail run with dan, I'm going to be very sore tomorrow. But it went well, the treadmill had me fit enough to run a very good time, and the soreness will go away in a couple days anyway. So past 3 days got in some season best swims, bikes, and runs, long live the challenge!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooooh the tweed and velvet look lovely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 46, Sat, 10.06.2018: Swam 4000 scm and ran 3.5 miles.

Quote Reply
Re: 50 Sprint/ 50 Days & 50 Sprint Tri Relay [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday: Day 46. Ran only 5 miles (45:31) b/c I was excited about the art fair. I sold 1 bag! We had more vendors than customers. But the sale of the bag allowed me to cover all my expenses. After the sale ended, the ladies celebrated, and now I'm hung over.

Today: Day 47. Nothing yet. But Chicago marathon needs my immediate attention.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 47

Another zwift ride as I start my fast preparing for my colonoscopy tomorrow!

https://www.strava.com/...;utm_medium=referral
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
Yesterday: Day 46. Ran only 5 miles (45:31) b/c I was excited about the art fair. I sold 1 bag! We had more vendors than customers. But the sale of the bag allowed me to cover all my expenses. After the sale ended, the ladies celebrated, and now I'm hung over.
Today: Day 47. Nothing yet. But Chicago marathon needs my immediate attention.

Big discuss of the Chicago Mary over on the "predict Gwen's Time" thread. Lots of guys/girls bummed that she was not able to go faster. :( To me, this is a replay of Mark Allen's attempt to become an Oly marathoner back in 1994.

Day 47, Sun, 10.07.2018: Swam 4000 scm and ran 4.3 miles.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 48

Another zwift ride 15 miles

https://www.strava.com/activities/1892056633
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 48. Biked 25 miles in 1hr 31min. Ran 10k in 56:26. So, this makes up for yesterday's absence.

Hope you're doing well, Damn lucky.

I just went back to the beginning of this thread to try to add up my missed days, but I don't have the patience for it. I did a crappy job tracking this challenge. I should have just made simple notes on a wall calendar. I looked at my Garmin and at Strava, and I see bar graphs, but I can't tell what everything is. Shoot.
Last edited by: Calamityjane88: Oct 8, 18 15:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Big discuss of the Chicago Mary over on the "predict Gwen's Time" thread. Lots of guys/girls bummed that she was not able to go faster. :( To me, this is a replay of Mark Allen's attempt to become an Oly marathoner back in 1994.

I read the first few comments after Gwen finished the marathon, and I got irritated from reading words like "embarrassment" and "humiliating." No doubt her time was disappointing, but I don't think shame has much value here. Shame isolates you and makes you afraid to try. There are better ways to think about a disappointing result. So, I quit reading the thread.

A buddy of mine ran the Chicago marathon. She had a disappointing time, too. I've done 7 marathons, and 6 of them were disappointing. But, I'm actually looking forward to running another.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just pull an activity report on garmin from your start date until now. Subtract from your daily goal x 50 to see where you are in relation.
Or look at the calendar function on garmin (I’m assuming you tracked everything on there).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing well, all clear from the doctor. Just a bit foggy/tired from the anesthesia. Glad a worked out this morning.

I just missed one day but i had it easy. You were really taking on a challenge and thanks for bringing us along!
Quote Reply
Re: 50 Sprint/ 50 Days & 50 Sprint Tri Relay [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Just pull an activity report on garmin from your start date until now. Subtract from your daily goal x 50 to see where you are in relation.
Or look at the calendar function on garmin (I’m assuming you tracked everything on there).

Thank you! I used the Garmin calendar to review my workouts. I recorded everything there. Strangely, Garmin Insight recorded workouts to the calendar for me, such as my bike activities with the kids, walk activities with our dog, and "elliptical" activities in the evenings with my hubby. Pervy Big Brother is watching!

Based upon my review, I think I'm short 1 swim and 6 days of s/b/r.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woah, I did not know that Garmin was pervy like that. What watch/tracker were you wearing?
Quote Reply
Re: 50 Sprint/ 50 Days & 50 Sprint Tri Relay [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most basic. Garmin 35. You know the multisport ones must be gathering all kinds of pervy data, stroke efficiency, etc. Did I just go too far? I think I did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sniggering over my meal prep!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did an aqua bike today, broken into morning and evening. I never work out in the evening, but it was cool and everyone was out of the house. 2000 of easy recovery swimming and a 1 hour 7m MTB ride on the roads, so probably about 20 miles..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calamityjane88 wrote:
ericmulk wrote:

I read the first few comments after Gwen finished the marathon, and I got irritated from reading words like "embarrassment" and "humiliating." No doubt her time was disappointing, but I don't think shame has much value here. Shame isolates you and makes you afraid to try. There are better ways to think about a disappointing result. So, I quit reading the thread.
A buddy of mine ran the Chicago marathon. She had a disappointing time, too. I've done 7 marathons, and 6 of them were disappointing. But, I'm actually looking forward to running another.

Well said CJ!!! Indeed, we are almost certain to disappointed if we set our goals high. "Better to fail while daring greatly..." as a famous American president said.

Day 48, Mon, 10.08.2018: Swam 4000 scm and ran 4.3 miles.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 49. Biked 47:39. Ran 29:35. Tired today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 49

Another 35 miles on zwift. I wanted to go farther but it seems my brand new Elite Direto is broken. I may have to go outside tomorrow in the 30 degree weather to finish this challenge up.

I can't believe a brand new $850 trainer broke after 4 rides on it!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1894550492
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
Day 49

Another 35 miles on zwift. I wanted to go farther but it seems my brand new Elite Direto is broken. I may have to go outside tomorrow in the 30 degree weather to finish this challenge up.

I can't believe a brand new $850 trainer broke after 4 rides on it!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1894550492

That stinks!! Maybe its not really broken? I hope tomorrow is dry for you. And I hope you can get the broken trainer replaced at no cost to you.
Last edited by: Calamityjane88: Oct 9, 18 18:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 49, Tues, 10.09.2018: Swam 4000 scm and ran 4.3 mi.

Quote Reply

Prev Next