Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by zedzded
Re: 4 - 2 - 4 breathing pattern [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been doing a 2,2,2,4,2,2,2,4 for a while now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can race distance free without breathing every 2 (i.e., breathing every left arm stroke, OR breathing every right arm stroke), my initial thought is that you are not swimming hard enough. Sure, in easy training sets, you can sometimes mix it up. But while racing, not breathing enough can be a very significant speed limiter.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Post deleted by zedzded [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: zedzded: May 1, 18 19:46
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
If you can race distance free without breathing every 2 (i.e., breathing every left arm stroke, OR breathing every right arm stroke), my initial thought is that you are not swimming hard enough. Sure, in easy training sets, you can sometimes mix it up. But while racing, not breathing enough can be a very significant speed limiter.

Yeah maybe. I was 23rd/332 for a recent sprint. I work hard on getting a good draft, i was on the toes of one of the top AG swimmers and I guess he was sprinting, but I had a free ride more or less. This is a wetsuit swim, not sure I could do a 4-2-4 for a non-wetsuit or if I wasn't drafting. Harder stuff in the pool I revert back to breathing every 2 although it no longer feels as natural as it used to.

Are you saying you had the 23rd fastest swim out of 332, or that you finished 23/332???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: 4 - 2 - 4 breathing pattern [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm confused, where did all the OP's posts go?
Quote Reply
Re: 4 - 2 - 4 breathing pattern [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
I'm confused, where did all the OP's posts go?

haha I deleted them, it didn't quite come out right or something?? Ignore me!
Last edited by: zedzded: May 1, 18 20:42
Quote Reply