Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

40T vs 30T Carbon (QR)
Quote | Reply
OK,

Slowly thinking about a n+1... I'm debating between between QR PR6 Disc and QR PR5 Disc

As far as i could tell, for the extra 1100 (frame only) i save 100g, get more integration (debatable if that make anything better), and maybe a more aero fork.

Looking at the specs you go from Carbon 30T to 40T (?!?)

I'm assuming that they get to use less of the 40T, which make things a little lighter.

But in a blind test, will i feel a difference ?! (stiffness, descending, climbing, cornering, etc.)

It will be great to have feedback from people that have ridden both.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: 40T vs 30T Carbon (QR) [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny, the road bike world is all about carbon layout, and how much happy you will be riding their high-end model
(i own a beautiful bianchi, and it's magic)

The tri world is all about integrated lunch box... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will never feel the difference in layups. Honestly im not sure I could tell the difference in compliance between something like a Cannondale Synapse and a typical TT bike. Double diamond bikes are just inherently stiff. You’re way more likely to notice a difference in tire pressure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
benleg wrote:
It's funny, the road bike world is all about carbon layout, and how much happy you will be riding their high-end model
(i own a beautiful bianchi, and it's magic)

The tri world is all about integrated lunch box... :)

It's funny how in cycling people still think they can feel the difference in modulus or layup in bikes when riding them, even on 25c tires at 80 psi.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah the difference in carbon is what gives you the difference in weight. It won't feel different when you ride it.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: 40T vs 30T Carbon (QR) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Yeah the difference in carbon is what gives you the difference in weight. It won't feel different when you ride it.
Yep, this! The frame has strength and stiffness requirements in its design for every tube and junction. They can accomplish the design specs with lots of crude carbon, or minimum high-end carbon carefully selected and oriented throughout the bike. The latter weighs less. There might be some differences in how road vibrations are transmitted through the different materials, but that is a byproduct.

That said, I have a sweet road bike frame made with some pretty high-end carbon. It is supposed to be crazy stiff and light. I can vouch for the light part, and it seems stiff as much as I can tell. It is magic, and I would buy it again every time.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Mar 8, 19 7:47
Quote Reply