Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

404 vs H3 vs Renn+AMClassic420?
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to decide what kind of clincher race only wheels to get. I'm a 190lb MOPer, doing races mostly on rolling hills with some windy conditions. (upper midwest). My training wheels are Rolf Comps.

Would a set of matched deep wheels (like zipp 404s, or H3s) be better or would a disk and shallower front be better (renn and am classic 420)? The renn+AMClassic combo is significantly cheaper then the zipps but pretend that cost is not a factor ;)

And what color frame would you pick? Euro Red (looks fast!) or Majik Blue (matches triclub outfit) :)
Quote Reply
Re: 404 vs H3 vs Renn+AMClassic420? [mn_leaf_fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 404's and just got a Renn disc, so I have really good options. I wanted to try the disc today but the wind and rain made me choose the two Zipps. That said, I can't believe anyone would pay the full price for the Zipps. I got mine for half price last year from a web advertisement. If not for that I would have gotten the Renn and the Am Classic 420. That is a great combo especially for the money. I don't think you would find much difference between the AC and the Zipp on the front with the disc. For windy days you could use your Rolf on the rear. As for the color, just like paper or plastic, somethings you just have to decide for yourself

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Frame color? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of frame is it?
Personally I prefer metalic black, fade to blue, with red fading to orange flames. Or a nicely painted carnivour face on a frame gives it a certain edge.

As for wheels, this also depends on the frame. The latest aero testing has determined that different frame, and wheel combos are more or less aero, though a disc is always faster (Unless your going up a very steep hill or mountain.)

-Gophers eat meat.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame color? [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Yaqui.... either a Mariola or an Ocotillo. The Mariola looks cool, but the Ocotillo might be better for me because I am..... bigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame color? [mn_leaf_fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a Yaqui I'd run the Zipps. Get the red frame, red zipps, very aero, very light. The disc would be a little more aero, but I think it's a shame to weight down a frame that light.

P.S. and if your still pretending money's no object, get the new Zipp disc, aero, light, and it comes in red to match your frame.
Quote Reply