Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3T Strada Due?
Quote | Reply
Anybody know what's going on with the Due, are they discontinuing it? It's gone from their web page and I see ProsCloset has a few in "new" condition.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Strada Due? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think that's a pretty good deal. i have the strada, but i could not get it to shift well as a 1x. it's either their crank, or the short chainstay, or friction in the internal cable routing or, most likely, me, because i built it from the ground up, and i think it's probably mechanic error. but let's say it is some combo of the short chainstay and the chainring on the native 3T crankset (that paired with the mechanical force 1x drivetrain). then the 2x solves it.

otherwise, i thought the bike was great, but if the rest of the world didn't see it that way, and that's why pro's closet has them, then you get a really great new bike for a budget price compared to what other bikes in its frame and component class would sell for. so, that frame, AXS red etap? $5,000? are you kidding me? the groupset alone is $2,500, so you add wheels, tires, saddle, stem, hbar, etc, that's the other half. you basically get the frame for free.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Pro's Closet ones are a little weird because they skimped on the brakes with mechanical TRP vs. SRAM Red hydro. Still a great deal, though.

That bike was ahead of its time, with the dropped stays, Kamm everything, and wide (for its time) tire clearance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It still on the 3t website as a frameset, just not visible on the start page.

My guess is they are pushing the x1 version more right now because of Campy Ekar 1x13
Quote Reply