Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3T New Ahero and Oval Concepts bar
Quote | Reply
Is anyone out there using this 3T Ahero setup? I am looking at integrated base bar/extension models that allow you to use any stem. The New Ahero weighs in at a respectable 680g and cheapest I've found it is $259. The new Hed is out of my price range. Is the aluminum oval version available yet? I found the pic on their website, but can't find anywhere to order it in the us. Haven't found a price either. Any other bars that fit this description that I should consider?

sweet

Quote Reply
Re: 3T New Ahero and Oval Concepts bar [Sweet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That I'm aware of these products are not in stock in the U.S. quite yet. Alot of new handlebar options coming- going to be very interesting.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im looking for this 2 bars to..

take a look at this:

http://www.totalcycling.com

they have a good price for the 3ttt

i have never tried those bars so i cant give any feedback, but the 3ttt looks very simple and aero.

lots of european cycling teams are using it for TT even with other brand sticker.

Sergio from portugal

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the 3T aerobars for about a year. They are stiff, light and have a good upturn on the break end. The pads are a bit small for long races....and the pad attachment is ok (at best). Over all...good bars. I am wondering if the new oval concepts would provide more support and better cable routing. Let me know if you get any feedback on these topics.

John Bogdanski
Quote Reply
Re: 3T New Ahero and Oval Concepts bar [JohnKarol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
john

my oval concepts bars should be here in the next 1-2 weeks according to oval. not sure if it will be helpful but i'll be happy to post any thoughts i have on the bars.

jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Colorado Cyclist is selling the Oval bars for $294. No idea if they are in stock.

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/...;S=28802,28803,28804
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I got a new HED, I will have that exact 3T Ahero 2002 aero bar with Profile H20 Stem, Dura Ace shifters and DiaCompe BL188 brake levers for sale on e-bay next week, probably mid week, if interested, likely sell at auction (with all the gear as described) for around $200
Quote Reply
Re: 3T New Ahero and Oval Concepts bar [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Gary,

Maybe you can describe that Ahero bar to us...since I know I have never seen one in the flesh. Are the pads pretty sturdy? The mounting looks a little flimsy in the pics I have seen. Also, do the wings thin out from front to back, a la the cervelo tubes, or are they more rounded like the typical, non cervelo aero tubes.

just curious,

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Re: 3T New Ahero and Oval Concepts bar [Philbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Here they are on Axel's TT bike, the system is very adjustable. It is made for Campy so I had to modify my dura ace shifters slightly during installation. no bigee. Hi-techbikes.com has them in stock and ships throughout the US.
Last edited by: Gary in SD: Feb 13, 03 21:07
Quote Reply
Re: 3T New Ahero and Oval Concepts bar [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garys right shimano bar end will not fit without some work,had my first ride on mine tuesday,like them mine did not have the holes to allow the cables to run inside the tubes,so i drilled them the wings are made of aero tubing,seem pretty good to me,looked everywhere for them seems you can get them from Total cycling in Ireland the cheapest I asked this forum and was told two places to get them but seemed to high for me,there are two sets on ebay now,got mine from a guy in Canada for 200$ three weeks ago he had 6 pairs email me if you want his email P>S you need to get longer bolts the ones supplied seem short(thanks Gary)
Quote Reply