Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3D printers
Quote | Reply
Bought an Ender 3 last year and have been using the hell out of it for the garage and miscellaneous stuff. My new madone didn't really have an easy way to mount a Garmin varia so I've been prototyping some stuff in Tinkercad. Last night I needed an external bottom bracket tool for the disc brakes and ended up just printing one. Anyone else use it to make useful triathlon related stuff?
Quote Reply
Re: 3D printers [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There’s a guy on the forum who seems to be doing quite well making draft boxes for bikes that didn’t come with one. Can’t remember his handle. Looks like a quality product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want to make me a Shimano crank arm fixing bolt? I want to run my Stages XT arm on a 105 crankset. The XT arms are a little thicker than the 105s,and the bolt won't thread. It needs to be maybe 5 mm longer. My wife used to be a STEM teacher with access to a 3D printer and I was trying to figure out how to do it, but she changed jobs.
Quote Reply
Re: 3D printers [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
offpiste.reese wrote:
Want to make me a Shimano crank arm fixing bolt? I want to run my Stages XT arm on a 105 crankset. The XT arms are a little thicker than the 105s,and the bolt won't thread. It needs to be maybe 5 mm longer. My wife used to be a STEM teacher with access to a 3D printer and I was trying to figure out how to do it, but she changed jobs.

That's outside my skill level. I'm not sure if I would trust anything 3d printed to anything that has to be structural and mission critical
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want super slick custom bike parts like boxes and such? Also buy a 3d scanning wand. Scan the frameset, cockpit, whatever......boom!

Car guys been doing this stuff for years for out of production or custom stuff they want. Custom one off gauge pods that look really well integrated, for example.
Quote Reply
Re: 3D printers [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been meaning to get a scanner. Most seem to be way more than the printers themselves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I print a variety of enclosures for various electronics/sensors.
Tinkercad is amazing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did some aero bar end plugs, just for fun.

https://pinshape.com/...ar-aero-bar-end-plug

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: 3D printers [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What other printers are you guys using?
The ender 3 pro looks appealing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a makergear mk2. Works great for custom blips and other miscellaneous parts. Wouldn't recommend for anything weight bearing.

I'm working on low budget mono post stem now. Only printing with plastic to test the design though.

Is there a link to this scanner wand? That'd be useful.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great for bits and pieces. Not for anything structural unless you really, really know what you're doing. If it bears a load it's only suitable for prototyping to see if it'll fit.
Quote Reply