Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

386evo with spacers in bb30?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any opinions on using a 386evo crankset with spacers on a bb30? I am really striking out on finding bb30 cranks for a 3 year old bike...
Thanks,
J
Quote Reply
Re: 386evo with spacers in bb30? [Smellerkeller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done it with several bikes with no issues. In fact I'd rather buy a BB386evo because it will fit in most anything, except some Trek models.
Quote Reply
Re: 386evo with spacers in bb30? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I've done it with several bikes with no issues. In fact I'd rather buy a BB386evo because it will fit in most anything, except some Trek models.

Same.
Quote Reply
Re: 386evo with spacers in bb30? [Smellerkeller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should be fine. It's not different with the majority of BB30/PF30 cranksets fitting onto a BB30 BB. What I normally do is measuring everything - especially the crank spindle axle length and BB shell width - beforehand so you know pretty much the amount of spacers you would need, and have a few .5mm spacer in hand just to make the fine adjustments.
Quote Reply
Re: 386evo with spacers in bb30? [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
You should be fine. It's not different with the majority of BB30/PF30 cranksets fitting onto a BB30 BB. What I normally do is measuring everything - especially the crank spindle axle length and BB shell width - beforehand so you know pretty much the amount of spacers you would need, and have a few .5mm spacer in hand just to make the fine adjustments.
Yup. Pretty much any BB30, PF30 or BB386 crank will fit on a BB30 bottom bracket.
Quote Reply